Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hello,

I'd like to thank kizgold for reading my blog and for leaving a comment. She posted this comment on my blog yesterday.

"Ok I'm partial bc I am a Kris Allen fan.. and no I do not think at this time he deserves a RS cover. It should absolutely be for more established artists. But at least he is a real musician who has gained raves while working with great writers such as Joe of the Fray and Claude Kelly. You don;t have to get him but lets please not put him in teen Beat just yet."

kizgold I have nothing against Kris Allen, he just doesn't excite me much. I never understood why so many people like him. Okay, I won't put him in the Teen Beat demographic, he's probably too old. Also he's married which definitely pushes him out of that demographic. My main point kizgold is that I wish Rolling Stone would have more established artists on it's cover. People like U2, Bruce Springsteen and I was even okay with Taylor Swift. She's released two wildly successful CDs. However Adam Lambert, other than the lost recordings and "AI", hasn't even released a single. Putting him on the cover of any magazine is probably a tad bit premature. Thanks again for the comment kizgold!

I love comments and please comment even if you don't agree with me. A good discussion is always worthwhile.

On to other news: I had the misfortune of watching "Confessions of a Shopaholic" last night. This movie stars the gorgeous Isla Fisher. (I always am amused when I see her as she's currently dating Sacha Baron Cohen aka Borat or Bruno.) Other than her lovely face, there's not much to recommend this movie for the male audience. Basically if you are a guy, skip this movie. This is the kind of chick flick where you should go watch a movie where a lot of people die to bring one's masculinity ratio back into alignment.

In the he said/ she said battle between the Black Eyed Peas' tour manager and Perez Hilton I vote for the tour manager. I should support my fellow bloggers but Perez Hilton makes me nauseous. His blog is lame and vicious. Also in entertainment value the Black Eyed Peas rule over Hilton any day. Perez please go away.

With some extra money I've had lately I bought the Decemberists "The Crane Wife" MP3 CD from amazon.com. They were running one of their specials and it only cost me $5. I'll admit that it took a few listens before I truly appreciated how good this CD is. I love the Decemberists, they have a lot of catchy songs. They are masters of writing great pop songs. I give this CD a B grade and highly recommend you go and buy it.

My latest CD rocking my car to and from work is Motley Crue's most recent CD, "Saints of Los Angeles". This CD is almost as good as classic Motley Crue. It has such great songs as the title track, "Dirt In Your Face" and "This Ain't A Love Song". That last song is R rated so be careful. I give this CD a B grade as well and themusicaddict strongly suggests you buy it. Also Motley Crue is on tour this summer. They are on their second annual Cruefest tour. I'd love to go see this tour and take my oldest boy. Of course I would also love to go to the Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick tour. Unfortunately concerts take two things I don't have a lot of: money and time. Check them out for me and I will post your review on my blog. Of course I'll give you full credit.

Happy 25th birthday to the "Purple Rain" soundtrack. It was released 25 years ago today. Finally an amazing thing happened last night. After watching the movie last night, I found time to read. I started reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. I had read the beginning a few years ago and was fond of it. For some reason I didn't read anymore. I was looking through my books and this one caught my interest. Also it has been made into a movie starring Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. I would have posted the trailer on my blog but it has been "disabled by request". You can check it out at apple.com and youtube. The movie is out August 14th, but the book is out now. Check it out. Rarely is the movie as good as the book.

Have a great day and may your NBA team draft the right player tonight. themusicaddict

1 comment:

kizgold said...

YW and yes I agree Rolling Stone is losing some luster. I get Kris is not for everyone. Some people like a singer song-writer type more than others. It was funny I came across your post yesterday as I had just been saying WTH happened to RS when I saw the Jonas Brothers cover lol

Favorites