Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Jericho": Car Wreck Television (Updated July 10th)

Hello,

I've watched the first 6 episodes of Jericho and will probably be watching 7 & 8 tonight. "Jericho" is a show that lasted for two seasons and is a poorly constructed post-apocolyptic show. It's obviously a blatant rip off of "Lost". They are left all alone, just in a small Kansas community and not in an island. They even use creepy "Lost" like music.

I'm always finding the most interesting discoveries at my local library. The last time I went in there I stumbled across they have the DVD's for the first two seasons of "Jericho". Hey it's free so I said what the heck and took Season 1 home. I remember seeing previews of it when it was airing in 2006 and 2007 and I thought it looked stupid. But I thought I would give it a chance.

Well "Jericho" is fairly awful, I'm surprised it got a second season. But "The Killing" got a second season as well. Obviously a second season doesn't guarantee it's a good show. However watching this show is like watching a car wreck, so far I just can't turn my eyes away.

The actors and actresses are second rate. When Gerald McRaney is your biggest star and the writing is terrible you know you are in trouble. What exactly is  Skeet Ulrich and why was he given the lead role, he's a terrible actor. That limp he's trying to "act" like he has is terrible and completely unbelievable. There are virtually no other actors of note. Probably this show's third most famous person is Pamela Reed, who portrays Gail Green. Alicia Coppola looks like she should be famous, especially with that last name. But she has no chemistry with the Jericho resident she's going to hook up with.

Also don't forget the generic town babe Emily Sullivan, who's played by Ashley Scott. I was surprised to see that Scott had made two Maxim Top 100 babe lists. Then the whole storyline with her and her father? Haven't we seen that hundreds of times before?

It's no surprise that we haven't seen any of these actors or actresses since "Jericho" ended. This show seemed to be a last gasp at being a big time actor. Then when this show tanked, there went their final chance.

I watched episodes 7 and 8 of the first season Monday night. And like a car wreck I couldn't take my eyes off of it. Although I was bored as I watched the two episodes.

Last night I watched the latest episode of "Longmire" and "The Falling Skies", two shoes that are so much better.

One can also see what's coming a mile away. It's amazing at how many experts there are in the town of Jericho. There seems to be someone who knows about any situation that may raise. The right person always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Also there seems to be a lot of the story line of a person not doing what's right for the community, but then at the end of each episode making the right decision.

No comments:

Favorites