Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"Pretty In Pink", only $2.99, R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Hello,

amazon.com has been running a promotion the last few weeks, they are selling select MP3 albums for only $2.99 each. This week the theme is soundtracks. They've included one of the best soundtracks ever, the soundtrack for the movie "Pretty In Pink". If you don't have this in your collection you need to add it right now. Very few soundtrack CDs have such an excellent selection of music. The songs are by some of the best musicians of the mid-1980s. Included on this CD are many classics. These are the songs on "Pretty In Pink":


Song TitleArtistTimePrice
Play  1. If You LeaveOMD4:25Album Only
Play  2. Left Of CenterSuzanne Vega3:32Album Only
Play  3. Get To Know YaJesse Johnson3:34Album Only
Play  4. Do Wot You DoInxs3:16Album Only
Play  5. Pretty In PinkThe Psychedelic Furs4:40Album Only
Play  6. ShellshockNew Order6:04Album Only
Play  7. Round, RoundBelouis Some4:06Album Only
Play  8. Wouldn't It Be GoodDanny Hutton Hitters3:43Album Only
Play  9. Bring On The Dancing HorsesEcho And The Bunnymen3:59Album Only
Play10. Please Please Please Let Me Get What I WantThe Smiths1:51Album Only



I know that I will get arguments on this but I suggest that "Pretty In Pink" may be the ultimate 80's teen movie. From the amazing music to the great actors. Come on you have Molly Ringwald, Andrew McCarthy, Jon Cryer, James Spader and Annie Potts. All are great and James Spader plays a douche bag with great skill, not sure if that's a compliment or not. And I wonder why the lovely Molly Ringwald didn't become a bigger star. I love redheads and I had a major crush on her in the 80s.

Here are some of the best songs off that CD, although all the songs are pretty good. This is the title track, "Pretty In Pink". There are two versions of this song. The original and the updated for the movie version. The movie version is by far the best version:


OMD's "If You Leave": (this video has about a minute remaining after the actual song is over.)


Just another amazing song and a song I'm not sure how it has become so forgotten. Echo and the Bunnymen's "Bring On The Dancing Horses":


I'm skipping the Smiths track, you are probably sick of me writing about them. However here's another great 80's band and one of their best songs. This is New Order's "Shellshock":


What else are you going to be buying with your limited music money? I mean you aren't going to be buying the new Flo rida CD are you? Please tell me "no". Some people use to use samples and were creative with them. However Flo rida pretty much is stealing from other people. The things he did to Dead or Alive's "You Spin Me 'Round" should send him directly to jail, not to mention he has one of the dumbest rap names ever. Doesn't the man have an ounce of creativity in his body?
Anyway amazon has some other classic soundtracks available for only $2.99. Unfortunately they don't have the best soundtrack ever, "Purple Rain". But you already have that CD right? I highly recommend getting the soundtracks to "Hunger Games", "Rock of Ages", "Footloose", "Moulin Rouge" and "Top Gun". By the way that's the soundtrack to Kevin Bacon's "Footloose", another one of the greatest soundtracks ever.

Also much respect and best wishes to the incredible Andy Griffith, he died today at the age of 86. Even all these years later, you can't go wrong with the hilarious "Andy Griffith Show". That show had a unique chemistry featuring many of the funniest people who were working at time. Thanks for all the laughs Andy as I grew up.

By the way I will finish my songs of 1991 blog eventually. I've already started working on my songs of 1992 blog. I'm in the research phase right now.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites