Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gloriana, Walk The Moon and Other Great Songs

Hello,

Gloriana released their second CD "A Thousand Miles Left Behind" on June 29th, 2012. I hadn't heard of it before today when it was featured in the weekly MP3 e-mail I get from amazon.com. This CD is only $5.00 for a limited time and I've been listening to it on Spotify. I would say this CD is worth $5.00. Although I do want to say you can see how popular Lady Antebellum is by bands very similar to them are coming out now.

I'm not sure, but it seems like this is the CD's first single. I quite like this song, although there are a few other good songs on this CD. This is the moment I'm looking forward to in my life. I also love the line "I was right on the edge and ready to fall". Gloriana's "(Kissed You) Good Night":



I actually think I like this song even more from the same CD, "Sunset Lovin'":



amazon also has a new selection of $2.99 CD's available including Walk The Moon's self titled debut. I've already featured "Anna Sun" on my blog. However this is another song I like on the CD "I Can Lift A Car":



My Chemical Romance's "The Sharpest Lives":



Now here's some song lineage. Many times a band inspires a copycat phenomenon like Lady Antebellum which leads to Gloriana. Also with individual songs you can see the DNA from one song to another song. For instance Paula Cole's "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone":



Now here's Lana Del Rey's "Video Games":



Here's a couple more classics:

The absolutely amazing Sinead O' Connor and one of the many great songs from her first CD "The Lion And The Cobra". This song is "Troy":



One of my all-time favorite songs ever: Kenny Rogers "She Believes In Me":



Thomas Dolby's "Europa And The Pirate Twins":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites