Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Romo Out, Orton In, Jones Continues To Be A Complete Disgrace

Hello,

Yesterday as I was finishing my latest blog about the idiocy of Jerry Jones owning the Cowboys, the news broke that Tony Romo has a herniated disc and is out for the season. That means Kyle Orton, the Cowboys backup, will be playing on Sunday. Yes, that's the same Orton who lost his job in Denver to Tim Tebow. Tebow isn't even in the NFL any more.

Now Jerry and his puppet, Jason Garrett, are saying that Romo is day to day. The main problem with that is no one else thinks that Romo is really day to day. ESPN's Adam Shefter, Chris Mortensen and NFL league sources are all reporting that Romo WILL NOT PLAY Sunday, no matter what. In all likelihood Romo's back will require surgery and at least a few months of rehab. The Cowboys have a moral responsibility to not allow Romo play, no matter how much he may want to play. His life long health should be Jerry's only concern, especially when Dallas will probably lose Sunday anyway.

ESPN is reporting that sometime after the Cowboys arrived back in Dallas that Romo had an epidural. He received that "to relieve pain and reduce inflammation related to the herniated disc in his lower back". Does that really sound like a player that might play Sunday? But yet Jerruh keeps blabbering that Romo may still play.

Of course this could be just simple gamesmanship, but Jerry or Jason isn't fooling anyone. The Eagles are practicing for Kyle Orton, come on let's be realistic. Jerry lives in a fantasy land called Jerry World, in this world whatever Jerry says is true. So when he has to face actual reality, he thinks the real world will bend to what he thinks. So Jerruh may even believe the drivel that's coming out of his mouth, but that doesn't mean that Romo will actually play.

This is what is coming from a couple of Eagles: "I don't care," cornerback Cary Williams said. "Jerry Jones could suit up. Jason Garrett could suit up. Suit 'em up. It doesn't matter to me. We're here to contend for the playoffs. We're here to win the Super Bowl. We're on a mission and they're in our way. Period."
"For us, it doesn't matter who plays," inside linebacker DeMeco Ryans said. "We're going there to beat that team."
Some people are suggesting that Jerry is trying to pressure Romo to play no matter what his health is. I don't think I would go that far, but it's also not completely out of the realm of possibility. Jones is desperate to show his way is the right way, although the last 17 years of futility clearly shows its not. But again when Jerry visits Jerry World, reality goes out the door. Only Jerry and his minions (although not the cute minions) believe he knows what he's doing.

Jones has been such a disgrace as a human being and alleged football person. His reign as Cowboys owner is marked by bad moves, in both coaches and players, sticking with ideas that simply don't work and many other embarrassing decisions.

Up to a couple of years ago I use to be the biggest Cowboys fan in the world. I loved everything about the 'Boys and my oldest son is named after the great Emmitt Smith. I lived and died with the Cowboys, I stuck with them through 1-15 and loved the Super Bowl years. I've stuck through them through the continuous terrible moves of Jones and through him continuing to ruin his own franchise. Up to the last couple of years I bought into all the hype he spewed about the Cowboys. Each year I really did believe that that year would truly be "the year".

But two or three years ago I started to realize that Jerry will say anything to get people excited about the Cowboys. When people get excited they'll spend money. I realized that Jerry's #1 priority isn't winning, it's all about making money. If he truly cared about winning he would make real changes. For instance he would hire a real GM and give him full power. Jones would also stop hiring puppets as coaches, only an idiot of Jones caliber would hire both Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett. Then to confirm his idiocy, he stuck with both long after they showed they aren't meant to be head coaches. Phillips has one playoff win and Garrett's teams have never even made the playoffs. But Jones and his ego are desperate to show he knows what he's doing, so he sticks with his puppets.

But the honeymoon is over, things have got so bad that I now actively cheer against the Cowboys. In fact every time Jerry opens his idiotic mouth I hope that the Eagles win by more on Sunday night. I'd love to see the Eagles hang 54 points on this Cowboys team, that's something that certainly isn't out of the question. I would like the sheep fans who still attend the games to boo these Cowboys and Jerry. I wonder when more players are going to be like Jay Ratliff and force their way out of Dallas.

Now I've never been a big fan of Romo and I hated that idiot Jones signed him to a 7 year-$108 million extension that starts next season. But one thing you can't question about Romo is his toughness. He's played through many injuries, including cracked ribs that should have kept him out.

I appreciate that Tony, but you need to consider yourself first Tony. Grab Sean Lee and both of you take the rest of the season off and heal 100% before even starting to practice again. And Sean you may seriously want to think about quitting football. You are a man and a great football player, I just don't think your body is built to be a NFL player. There's no shame in that, you received a degree from Penn State. Take that and build a nice life for yourself and not worry about having life long injuries to deal with.

I loved what a commenter on ESPN's message boards said yesterday. He suggested that Jones is loving this news because he can remain in the spotlight. I wouldn't doubt that at all, Jones has clearly fallen in love with himself and the camera.

ESPN, and all other media sources, I ask you to please stop putting a microphone in Jones face. The man will do and say anything he can to get in the spotlight. Please stop giving him a forum, don't act like everything he says is relevant. Jones is on the slippery slope to senility and hasn't said anything interesting for several years now.

What I want to know is when can the NFL step in and make the Cowboys make changes? I know the Cowboys are a huge cash cow for the NFL and money talks in corporate America. But still there's got to be a point where the NFL will force a change when an owner has embarrassed himself and his franchise constantly.

Once this ass clown gets forced out I'll start cheering for the Cowboys again, I'll start living and dying with the Cowboys again. I'll start buying Cowboys merchandise again. I would love to see the Cowboys win one more Super Bowl in my lifetime. But quite simply with this idiot owning the team, I simply can't cheer for the Cowboys.

Why am I so fired up about this you may wonder? I'm so tired of the damage that Jones has done to this once great team. Every time he says something stupid, which is constantly, by default Cowboys fans are painted with that same brush. Jones is an embarrassment to all of Cowboys nation.



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites