Sunday, December 1, 2013

Merry Christmas from themusicaddict: Some Of My Favorite Christmas Songs

Hello,

On this first of December, 2013 I just want to wish a very Merry Christmas to everyone. For this blog I'm presenting some of my favorite Christmas songs from all sorts of genres. As a practicing Mormon I very much desire the spirit of the holiday to be focused on the Christ in Christmas. But I won't give a long lecture. Although I do ask let's remember the reason for the season and let's treat everyone else a bit better than we usually do.

Now here are some of my favorite Christmas songs:

Mormon Tabernacle Choir's "Hallelujah Chorus":



Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite":



"Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy"(Traditional):



Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Queen of The Winter Night" (Live):



Honestly I could make a full blog just of my favorite TSO Christmas songs but I won't do that. If you like Christmas music with rock, check out TSO on Spotify or even Youtube. This is "Old City Bar":



I couldn't find Michael Crawford's version of "What A Strange Way To Save The World", which is my favorite version. If you are looking for a great Christmas CD, I strongly suggest Michael Crawford's Christmas CD, it's very solid. This version of "What A Strange Way To Save The World" is decent and I love the accompanying video.



Here's a medley of "Angels We Have Heard On High" and "Joy To The World" by Crawford.



Another great Christmas CD is Casting Crowns "Peace On Earth" and this is my favorite song on that excellent CD. "I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day":



One of our greatest vocalists of all-time, the amazing Whitney Houston, singing one of my favorite Christmas songs. Be prepared for goose bumps as you listen to Ms. Houston's amazing version of "Do You Hear What I Hear?":



Here's the full Whitney Houston Christmas CD "One Wish" for fellow Whitney fans:



From one amazing female vocalist to another amazing female vocalist, this is Mariah Carey's "O Holy Night":



Elvis Presley's "Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me":



One of the most fun Christmas songs is The Waitresses' "Christmas Wrapping":



I love this quirky song, Jeremy Fisher's "Snowflakes":



"What Child Is This" by the lovely Carrie Underwood:



Rascal Flatts "Mary Did You Know":



Merry Christmas,

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites