Friday, December 27, 2013

themusicaddict's Greatest CDs Of All-Time: Supafuzz's "All About The Rock"

Hello,

This blog is about Supafuzz's "All About The Rock", their second CD. I couldn't confirm 100% who the three band members are when "All About The Rock" was recorded. Supafuzz doesn't have a Wikipedia page. The best I can tell is the three members were singer/guitarist David Angstrom, Chris Leathers on drums and bassist Jason Groves. (Most of the info for this blog comes from allmusic.com.)

Sadly no one has created a video for the entire CD"All About The Rock", but this is the video for the entirety of their first album, "Supafuzz":



Supafuzz rose out of the ashes of Black Cat Bone, Angstrom was the singer in that band. In 1993 he formed Supafuzz with a couple of other people. It took a few years of hard work and a couple of line up changes before they were able to record their first self-titled CD. Gotham Records signed them to a record contract in the fall of 1998, and Supafuzz released their debut CD for them that year. A couple of years later Supafuzz released "All About The Rock", which is the perfect title for this CD. (Thanks to allmusic.com again.)

Supafuzz also recorded a third CD "Pretty Blank Page", I wasn't able to find out much about that CD. Some people say that's their first CD and some people say that "Supafuzz" is their first CD. Nearly everyone agrees that "Supafuzz" was released in 1998 and "All About The Rock" was released in 2000.

I was introduced to Supafuzz when I visited my brother and sister-in-law in Atlanta and he told me he had heard about a great rock band. He burned CD for me, neither one of us isn't a fan of bands not getting money for their music. My hope is this blog will bring a bit of attention to Supafuzz. That was my introduction to "All About The Rock" and I've been a big fan ever since. Sadly they've never been able to break out of being a regional band, I don't even know if they are still together.  allmusic.com compares them to Stain'd and Kid Rock, I prefer Supafuzz over both those artists by a wide margin.

Actually Supafuzz reminds me a lot of Nine Inch Nails. The music can go from slow to fast and back in the same song. Also thematically both bands have a lot in common, frustrated and mystified by Diety and women. NIN is the band who rhymed "God" with "flawed". There seems to be pure anger for both women and God from both bands.

Anyway this is "All About The Rock". Enjoy. (Thanks to templeofgreed for most of these videos.)

1) "Fool No More": No video available which is most unfortunate. This is one of Supafuzz's best songs and from the opening of "Fool No More" there was no doubt that Supafuzz isn't messing around.

2) "I Am The King":



"I Am The King" (Live) (Sorry the sound quality is poor.) :



3) "Sick Of It" (The lyrics will offend many people, listen to at your own discretion.) :



4) "Tonic & Cigarettes": No video available. The songs starts out slow and then builds into a mid-tempo track.

5) "Confession": No video available. "I confess my every sin, I'm embarrassed of the past. Afraid you'll see it, open wide let me in. I'll confess my every sin. I was wrong as fools can be, I survived misery." A slow burner until about the 3:02 mark when the song turns into a little more rocking briefly before going back to being a slow burner. This song has a very grungy feel.

6) "Subsonic":



7) "Arguing With God":



8) "And Then She Blooms..." No video available. Song starts out slow and then rips into a mid-tempo rager. A song whose lyrics deal with frustration with Deity.

9) "Anesthesia": Anesthesia seems to be a girl. "Anesthesia won't you come and kill me again? When you say that you're a freak, I say you're a freak. Anesthsisa won't you come and kiss me again? You say you fell apart, we're all apart of something." No video available. Typical of many songs on this CD, it starts out slowly and then speeds up a bit.

10) "Blame":



11) "We're Alright": No video available. This song is more of a straight ahead rocker.

12) "Bottomed Out":



13) "Fade":



"Fade" (Live):



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites