Friday, August 22, 2014

themusicaddict's thumbs up for "Manhattan" or "MANH(A)TTAN"

Hello,

I've enjoyed the first 4 episodes of "Manhattan", what a great show. First of all the history of The Manhattan Project is incredibly fascinating. I have to admit how clueless I was about The Manhattan Project. I mean I knew some of the details, but I honestly thought it was named what it is because it was based in Manhattan. No, the project was based in the sandy Los Alamos, New Mexico. Honestly I'm not sure why it was named the Manhattan Project, other than to throw off the Germans with what they were doing.

Frank Winters, according to Wikipedia is based on Seth Neddermeyer, isn't the nicest person to work for. I like how determined he is and how he's fighting to find the solution to make the best atomic bomb possible. Writing the number of war death on the chalkboard keeps him focused and gives him urgency to finding a solution in creating the "gadget". Even though he has a massive uphill fight ahead of him. We see flashbacks of his own service in World War 1 and how that propels him hopefully to towards a solution.

I think it's remarkable how much Daniel London looks like J. Robert Oppenheimer when compared to the cover of Kai Bird and Martin J. Sherwin's Oppenheimer biography "American Prometheus".

The first season is scheduled to have 13 episodes and they've only shown 4 so far, I expect this show to have a lot of mysteries solved over the remaining 9 episodes. I loved the most recent episode where Neils Bohr was introduced. His speech about having lost the desire to figure out something that can kill so many people is so understandable. There's a new episode shown every Saturday night

Here's the extended trailer:


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites