Thursday, October 2, 2014

themusicaddict's Top 100 Songs of 1984, Part 5 #'s 55-47 (Updated October 5th, 2014)

Hello,

As I've been transitioning from one job to being unemployed and now back to being employed again, a lot of my time went towards job hunting. I have a more active job now than I did previously, so I have less time to blog. With my current job I'll only be working about 25 hours a week and I'll write when I can. My goal is to write two to three times a week. Although I do have a job now, I'm looking for a better paying job. Once I get that higher paying job, and the more hours I'll be working, I'll have even less time to write. However I'll still write when I have time. Thanks for reading.

My thanks to my former employer, Ambassador Education Solutions, for giving those of us they had to lay off a severance package. It has been a lifesaver as I've gone through the job hunting process again.

As I mentioned previously, my thanks to Rolling Stone magazine and bobborst.com for inspiring this list. Rolling Stone released their list on September 17th, 2014, I took their list and created my own list. Nineteen songs from Rolling Stone's list didn't make it on my personal Top 100, those 19 songs are mentioned in the first blog in this series of blogs. Thanks to the bobborst.com website for reminding me about the rest of these songs. That is except for Julie Brown's "Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun". I thought it came out in 1984 and I Googled it and sure enough it did. The number/letters in parenthesis indicate where the song ranks on Rolling Stone's Top 100 list. NR = not rated

55) Yes' "Owner Of A Lonely Heart": (61) The CD this song comes from "90125" is quite good, I highly recommend you check it out. 


54) Nena's "99 Luftballoons": (15) 


53) Sheila E's "The Glamorous Life": (10)


52) Laura Branigan's "Self Control": (65) Yes, she sang more songs than just "Gloria", this is an under appreciated song but very cool.



51) John Waite's "Missing You" (14) Where I currently work the radio is played at night and I've been quite surprised how many 80's songs are still being played on this station. It's a "rock" station. From "Stairway To Heaven" (yeah I know it's a 70's song) to "You Give Love A Bad Name" to "Missing You" along with many other 80's songs are being played. Honestly many of these songs sound just as good as they did back in the day.



50) Depeche Mode's "People Are People": (95)


49) Cyndi Lauper's "She Bop": (36)


48) Cherrelle's "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On": (52) A forgotten classic and one of the least appreciated songs of the 80s.


47) The Police's "Wrapped Around Your Finger": (86)


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites