Thursday, January 14, 2016

David Bowie's Top 30 Best Songs 20-11, Part 2: Without A Doubt The Definitive List (Finished January 16th, 2016)

Hello,

Without further delay, here's the definitive list of the #20 to #11 songs from David Bowie's career. I'm trying to post at least one bonus song in each one of these Bowie blogs. I wanted to post a couple of epic covers, but Bowie didn't have a lot of great covers other than Nirvana's cover of "The Man Who Sold The World". And of course it seems like everyone has done a cover of "Heroes". But for the most part I was unimpressed with the covers of Bowie's songs. I listened to most of "We Were So Turned On: A Tribute to David Bowie" which is an anemic attempt to cover some of his most amazing songs. These covers are mostly vocals buried below the music covers- too many of these songs are like that. There wasn't one rocked out version of one of Bowie's originals.

These were the two most interesting covers I found, Bauhaus' "Ziggy Stardust":


and Pete Yorn's "China Girl":


I wanted to add at least one song from his last CD, "Blackstar", but I couldn't find one that I didn't completely loathe.

Now on his next 10 greatest songs: 20) "Ashes To Ashes":


19) "Star":


18) "Diamond Dogs":


17) "All The Young Dudes":



16) "Jean Genie":



15) "Starman":


14) "Young Americans":



13) "Ziggy Stardust":



And here's the full album of "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust":



12) "Fashion":



11) "Fame"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites