Friday, January 29, 2016

themusicaddict's Almost Greatest CDs of All-Time: Tears For Fears "Song From The Big Chair" (Part 2)

Hello,

After listening to several hours of Tears For Fears- yes it was as bad as it sounds- which means it's pretty amazing. So much better than actually going to a job. Anyway these are some of my favorite songs from from the several, at least 4 reissues, of "Songs From The Big Chair" over the years. The original CD was released on February 25th, 1985. Happy early 31st birthday! Wow, that makes me feel incredibly old. The version I have on my iTunes is the version that was released in 1999. Unless you're the worlds biggest Tears For Fears fan, you don't really need more than the original 8 song CD. But if you want something more, then the 1999 remix is good. Thanks Amazon for reminding me I bought this in 2002.

In 2006 a 28 song, two disc collection was released. This takes a couple of songs from "The Hurting" and gently hurts/ remixes those songs. Then absolutely no one needs the 6 disc Super Deluxe reissue that was released in 2014. There's a lot of filler in these 6 discs. Do you really need the a capella version of "Shout" or the urban mix (whatever that is) of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"? No is the answer you are searching for. The closest reason to wanting to get these is for the live versions of these songs. But those aren't revelatory enough to put out hard earned money for. I've included some of the "Live At Massey Hall", Toronto, Canada 1985 tracks on the previous blog.

Here are some of my favorite remixes/reissues from "Songs From The Big Chair". In the reissues they incorporated a couple of songs from "The Hurting". Then I added "The Seeds of Love" outtake Johnny Panic and The Bible of Dreams" because I like it. I'm not saying all the below songs are good, just interesting. The videos may not be the actual version on the reissues, I got as close as I could.

1) "Empire Building: (2:52):


2) "Broken Revisited" (5:16):


3) "Pharaohs" (3:41):


4) "The Way You Are" (An outtake from "The Hurting") (4:55):


5) "Mother's Talk (Short) (3:54):


6) "Shout" (Alt Version) (6:00):


7) "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" (7") (4:12):
8) "Head Over Heels" (Bascombe Mix)
9) "I Believe (Soulful)" (4:42):
10) "Everybody Wants To Run The World" (4:34):
11) "Shout" (US Single Edit) (4:06):
12) "Head Over Heels" (Skinner, BBC) (4:14)
13) "Shout" (U.S. Remix) (8:03)
14) "Johnny Panic and The Bible Of Dreams" (4:17)

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites