Friday, January 8, 2016

Songs on themusicaddict's Radar, January 8th, 2016

Hello,

I realize these songs may not seem like they have any relation with any other song. And in so many ways they don't, but they are all great songs. I just love how much great music is out there now and how many different ways we can enjoy it. We are truly living in a music nirvana. Again there's a ton of great music out there now, you may just have to work a bit harder to find it. You have to open yourself up to all musical possibilities. Visiting record stores (yes they still exist- for people in Utah I highly reccommend Graywhale), listening to music on Youtube and all streaming services, check out great songs you hear in movies and TV shows. And of course you can always find great music on the internet, even on random dorky blogs. Speaking of which it's amazing how much music I discover from simply writing this blog. When I remember I'll write how I found out about this band.

I'm not sure how I found out about Flyleaf, but I'm glad I did. I love Lacey Sturm's powerhouse vocals. 1) Flyleaf's "Sorrow":


Another band I can't remember how I found out about, do you remember T.A.T.U? 2)  "All The Things She Said":


3) "How Soon Is Now":


I discovered the next few songs via 80's radio/ MTV. Back when both radio and MTV were relevant. But those days are never to return. 4) Phil Collins' "I Missed Again":


5) Night Ranger's "Sister Christian":


To get your fill of Phils, please watch this video :) 6) Philip Bailey and Phil Collins'  "Easy Lover":


I discovered this specific song by researching my Phil Collins blogs. 7) Genesis' "Just A Job To Do":


From researching R.E.M. for earlier blogs 8) R.E.M.'s "That Someone Is You":


From listening to my parent's music growing up. 9) Tanya Tucker's "Jamestown Ferry":


I discovered Miss Iraheta from "American Idol"- yet another thing that's no longer relevant and thankfully going away. 10) Allison Iraheta's "Friday I'll Be Over You":


11) "Robot Love":


From visiting Graywhale yesterday, they always have interesting music playing. 12) Asteroids Galaxy Tour's "Heart Attack":


13) "Fantasy Friend Forever":


This is a very cool cover of the 80's classic 14) "Safety Dance":


Radio and MTV. 15) Maria Vidal's "Body Rock":



Discovered via relevant radio and MTV. 16) The Cranberries "Zombie":



Discovered the next two songs from Google Play, thanks although I still miss Rdio. Another good remake of a classic 80's song. 17) Jasmine Thompson's "Fast Car":



18) Shakira's "Try Everything":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites