Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Showing on themusicaddict's TV Lately? (Updated January 29th, 2016)

Hello,

More coming later.......

In no particular order, here are the shows I've watched/ am watching as of lately. There are just way too many shows to watch on TV now. I'll also list where I am in the series, a grade and the urgency you should have in watching that show. The options are 1) Drop whatever you are doing right now and go to your nearest TV 2) High, watch soon 3) Medium, watch when you get around to it 4) Low, watch when you can't find absolutely anything else to watch 5) Skip, read a book instead.

1) "Cooper Barrett's Guide To Surviving Life": I could only watch about half of the first episode of this unfunny alleged comedy. I remember something about a kidnapping. That was supposed to be funny, but was anything butt. Grade F, skip and read a book instead.

2)  "Mad Men" Season 7 of this show is coming to Netflix in February, I can finally watch the final 7 episodes. How will it end for Don and everyone else? Grade B, urgency level: high, watch soon.

3) "Parks and Recreation" I've watched the first five episodes of this show and enjoyed it. Nick Offerman is perfectly cast as Ron Swanson. Grade: B-, urgency level: medium.

4) "Super Store" I always say yes to America Ferrara. I've watched the first 7 episodes of this series. A show that knows perfectly what it is and doesn't try to be more than that. I always laugh a few times each episode, which makes watching any show so worth it. Grade C, Urgency level: medium, watch when you get around to it.

5) "Making of a Murderer"- this is on my to watch list.

6) "Jessica Jones" This show is so good, I'm stretching out watching the episodes so that I can savor them. I really liked "Daredevil", love "Jessica Jones" and I'm looking forward to "Luke Cage". Now if only Netflix can bring "Agent Carter" to it's service. Grade: A, Urgency level: Drop whatever you are doing right now and go to your nearest TV.

7) "Life In Pieces" At least I was able to watch the full first episode of this, but it's very forgettable. Isn't this the show with the fake funeral? Grade: D, Urgency level: Low, watch when you can't find absolutely anything else to watch.

8) "Master Of None" At least I was able to watch the full first episode of this, but it's very average. Grade: D+, Urgency Level: Low, watch when you can't find absolutely anything else to watch.

9) "Longmire": I've watched about the first 3 episodes of Season 4. Vic stop showing up at Longmire's house ready for action. Grade: B+, Urgency level: High, watch soon.

10) "The Walking Dead": I watched about the first full four seasons of this show, but this show has jumped the shark. The great what could've been show. But telling the same story over and over again isn't a way to maintain a fan's interest. The whole Glenn dying or not was lame. Grade: D-, Urgency Level: Skip, read a book instead.

11) "Blindspot" I've watched the first 8 episodes of Season 1, I'm savoring this show as well. I thought I wouldn't like this show. After reading a lot of positive things about it, I finally decided to watch it. Jaimie Alexander is my latest TV babe crush. I'm looking forward to the second half of season 1, which starts February 29th. Grade: B +, Urgency level: High, watch soon.

12) "Supergirl" I had started watching Episode 9 of this series, then I remembered that "You, Me and The Apocalypse" was due to start soon. And sadly "Supergirl" wasn't interesting enough to continue watching. It started out okay, but it just simply isn't getting any better. It desperately needs some of the darkness of the Netflix/ Marvel shows. Grade: C-, Urgency level: Low, watch when you can't find absolutely anything else to watch.

13) "The Grinder" I've watched the first 12 episodes of "The Grinder". Each episode is always good for a few laughs. It's funny, but I could do without the whole Timothy Olyphant story line. It was a joke that wore out quickly. I like Fred Savage and Rob Lowe, they both do a good job. Lowe's character, Dean Sanderson, is a bit too full of himself. I get that's the joke, but it wears thin from time to time. I love Natalie Morales' Claire Lacoste to keep him humble. Grade: B-, Urgency level:

14) "Shades of Blue" I've watched the first three episodes of this show now. The 46 year old Jennifer Lopez is still gorgeous. She and Ray Liotta are great actors, but both of them do some overacting in this show. I believe the phrase is "chewing the scenery". I watched the second and third episodes last night, both of those episodes were better than the uneven pilot. That scene with Ray Liotta- don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about! Yes it was shocking, but it's not believable and doesn't feel like it fits in with the show. We all know that old people don't have sex! Of course I didn't buy the J Lo love scene either, those two have no chemistry. It's still not an amazing show, but I have raised the grade for now. Grade: C+ (for now), Urgency level: Medium, watch when you get around to it.

15) "Occupied": A show I had never heard of until a couple of days ago. After watching the first 4 episodes on Netflix I have fallen hard. This is a great show, it's a combination of English language/ sub titles. Although for some reason the fourth episode "July" was pretty much all in sub-titles. That's a bit distracting at first, but I got use to it pretty quickly. It has the same tenseness, suspense and the feeling that anything can happen- much like the first seasons of "Homeland", "Broadchurch" and "Missing". Grade: A, Urgency level: Drop whatever you are doing right now and go to your nearest TV.

16) "Castle": I got behind Season 6 and haven't been able to catch up. I keep on thinking it will come to Netflix (hint, hint)
17) "Quantico" It was never the most believable show, but it just got less and less believable. I finally got to the point I couldn't watch it any more. This is one of those shows where everyone is double crossing everyone else, those kind of shows bore me quickly. Also the storyline of using sex to find out needed information is also an idea that wears out quickly. That's a main reason I stopped watching the lame "How To Get Away With Murder". Grade: D-, Urgency level: Low, watch when you can't find absolutely anything else to watch.

18) "You, Me and The Apocalypse" Starts January 28th, I'm excited. I hopefully can watch soon.
19) "Blue Bloods" A show I watch not so much for the stories and plots, but mainly for the great chemistry of the cast. I'd love to live in a world where the Reagans were in charge of policing. And who doesn't love Erin Reagan?

20) "The Last Man On Earth" This show would be so much better if Will Forte wasn't in it. His Phil Miller is one of the lamest characters ever on any TV show. He's selfish, whiny, deluded- which is suppose to come off as funny. However it rarely does. This show is a waste of January Jones and all the other great actors in it. How did this show get a second season? Grade: F, Urgency level: Skip, read a book instead.

21) "Manhattan" I've watched the first few episodes of this, I liked it. But with so much great TV out there now, I got sidetracked from finishing Season 1. Please get Season 1 to Netflix asap. I want to catch up on it and then dive into season 2. Grade: B-, Urgency level: High, watch soon.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites