Wednesday, January 13, 2016

David Bowie's Top 30 Best Songs 30-21, Part 1: Without A Doubt The Definitive List

Hello,

I'm not saying I'm a big Bowie fan, but like most rock music fans I have a few favorite songs. With the recent sad death of Bowie, I've taken a deep dive into his music. With his death, it feels like another small part of the 80's (and 70's) has died. I'm going to be honest there were a lot of pleasant surprises. I'd forgotten/didn't remember how many great songs he had. While I thought "Blackstar" (perhaps "Deathstar" would be a better title) was a pretty weak CD. However I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked his previous CD "The Next Day". A few of those songs make it into this definitive Top 30. But as one would expect most of the usual suspects are here. For some musicians it would be hard for me to pick my favorite song of theirs. However for Mr. David Robert Jones, without a doubt, I easily know what my favorite song is. A song that was released 44 years ago, but it still rocks my iPod in 2016.

Before I get to the Top 30 songs of Bowie, here's Ms. Turner singing one of his songs, "1984":


30) "Sound and Vision":


29) "Jump They Say":


28) "Time Will Crawl":


27) "Valentine's Day":


26) "How Does The Grass Grow?":



25) "The Next Day":



24) "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)":



23) "Rebel Rebel":



22) "The Stars Are (Out Tonight)":



21) "(You Will) Set The World On Fire"



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites