Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Most Interesting Songs of July 24, 1982 (Finished November 16, 2016))

Hello,

I like to write these kind of blogs every once-in-awhile, all thanks goes to Entertainment Weekly and Billboard magazine. Also thanks to Youtube.com for being able to listen to some of these songs quickly and remind myself what they sound like. These are the top songs from mid July 24, 1982. Usually I just post the 10, but I think this time I'm going to post the songs most interesting to me. They may not be the biggest hits, the most memorable or even the most timeless songs. No the only the thing they share is being a great song. Again they really did make music better in the 80s. Enjoy!

I didn't remember how much country music was in the Top 40 at the time. Of the top 20 songs this week, three of them are country songs. There are a lot of other country songs in the countdown and these are some amazing country songs also.

89) Michael Martin Murphy "What's Forever For":


85) Jerry Reed "She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft):


84) Asia "Only Time Will Tell":


49) The premiere performance of one of the Top 100 greatest songs of all-time. Willie Nelson's "Always On My Mind":


44) Alan Parsons Project "Eye In The Sky":


38) Haircut 100 "Love Plus One":


30) Gary U.S. Bonds "Out of Work":


27) Donna Summer "Love Is In Control (Finger On The Trigger)":


22) The Go Go's "Vacation":


I know what you're thinking. Rick Springfield, Rick Springfield? I've always had a soft spot for him, as he and his band were my first rock concert. It was on Halloween night, early 80s in Salt Lake City. It was a great concert. 21) Rick Springfield "What Kind of Fool Am I":


18) Alabama "Take Me Down":



16) Crosby, Stills and Nash "Wasted On The Way":



Hasn't love been a little bit hard on all of us? 12) Juice Newton "Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me":



9) The Motels "Only The Lonely":



7) The Human League "Don't You Want Me":



5) The Dazz Band "Let It Whip":



2) Toto "Rosanna":


And then just a completely random that I stumbled across on Youtube the other day, Tracy Ullman's "They Don't Know About Us":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites