Sunday, November 13, 2016

themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands # 50 Kenny Loggins: His Top 28 80's Era Songs Part 1 #28- #21 (Finished November 16th, 2016)

Hello,

I know that I have some blogs unfinished, I'll finish many of those soon. But today I wanted to start working on the three blog series for Kenny Loggins. From the 70's working in Loggins and Messina to the "Danger Zone" in the mid 80's to the excellent work he did with Blue Sky Riders Loggins has had an amazing career. Loggins is probably most known for all the amazing songs he's provided for soundtracks. A lot of artists contribute throw away songs to soundtracks. But Loggins has given some of his best songs to soundtracks.  Four of the songs from soundtracks are in the top eleven Loggins songs. Al Gore also called his "Conviction of the Heart" "the unofficial anthem of the environmental movement." (Thanks to Wikipedia) Loggins also has produced great music with Stevie Nicks, Steve Perry, Michael McDonald and U.S.A. For Africa. I have 29 Kenny Loggins songs on my iTunes.

This isn't one of his 80's era songs, but this is one of my Top 5 favorite Kenny Loggins song, "Return To Pooh Corner":


28) "Celebrate Me Home":


27) "Junkanoo Holiday":


26) "Somebody Knows":


25) "Keep The Fire":


24) "I Gotta Try":


23) "If It's Not What You're Looking For":


22) "I'm Gonna Do It Right":


21) "Daddy's Back":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites