Tuesday, April 10, 2018

(Finished April 10th, 2018) Highlights of October 17, 1987 Billboard's Countdown

Hello,

As threatened or as promised the best of the Top 20 songs from October 17, 1987. I usually just do the Top Ten and then list all those songs. However I'm going to shake it up this time and post the best of the Top 20 songs. Also to shake up this list I'm going to include line from each song.

But this is why the music from the 80s was so great. This countdown features classic songs by Whitney Houston, Prince, Michael Jackson, Heart and Whitesnake. I wouldn't necessarily say that Madonna's "Causing A Commotion" is one of her best songs, but it's still a very solid song.

 20) Bruce Springsteen "Brilliant Disguise": "Is that you baby or just a brilliant disguise":




19) The Pet Shop Boys "It's A Sin": "Father forgive me I tried not to do it turned over a new leaf then tore right through it":



16) Swing Out Sister "Breakout": "I may be crazy, little frayed around the ends, One of these days I'll phase you out."



15) Whitney Houston "Didn't We Almost Have It All":

Remember when we held on in the rain

The night we almost lost it
Once again we can take the night into tomorrow
Living on feelings

Touching you I feel it all again



Interesting note about these next two songs, they originally became famous first as songs by Tommy James and the Shondells. 14) Billy Idol "Mony Mony": "Shotgun, get it done, come on Mony":


11) Tiffany "I Think We're Alone Now":

Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands

Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
And we tumble to the ground and then you say



10) Bananarama "I Heard A Rumor":

Now it seems they're telling me
You've changed your wicked ways
But should I give you a second chance
Baby, I'm too afraid.



7) Heart "Who Will You Run To":

You found a new world

And you want to taste it
But that world can turn cold

And you better face it



6) Whitesnake "Here I Go Again":

Hanging on the promises in songs of yesterday.

An' I've made up my mind, I ain't wasting no more time
But here I go again, here I go again.



5) Madonna "Causing A Commotion":

The love you save may be your own

Can't fight this feeling, aren't you tired of being alone
You won't admit it but you know it's true

It's not a secret how I feel when I stand next to you



4) Michael Jackson "Bad":

The word is out
You're doin' wrong
Gonna lock you up
Before too long


3) Europe "Carrie":

When light goes down, I see no reason
For you to cry. We've been through this before
In every time, in every season,
God knows I've tried
So please don't ask for more.



2) Prince "U Got The Look":

I've never seen a pretty girl look so tough baby

You got that look
Color you peach and black
Color me taken aback
Crucial

I think I wantcha



1) Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam "Lost In Emotion":

Am I a fool at least my friends think so
Que sera Sera
Baby, whenever we're free, que sera sera
Between you and me



themusicaddict


No comments:

Favorites