Saturday, April 7, 2018

(Finished April 8th, 2018) The Best Power Ballads of the 80s Era 1977-1992, Part 1

Hello,

Updates: my next Greatest 80's era Band is #18, The Cars. I've listened to and ranked their 40ish songs that will be on their countdown blogs. I'll be posting those countdown blogs soon, I just wanted to write a slightly different blog tonight.

Also 50 years ago the greatest rock band of all-time started their career. Coming up in honor of each year of their existence, I'll be doing a Top 50 Led Zeppelin countdown blog.

Possibly tomorrow I'll be counting down the top several songs from the week of October 13, 1987. Like any other 80s countdown, there are several classics included.

I'm almost 100% sure that I've posted a similar power ballads blog before, but that's okay. I'd like to thank the music site liketotally80s.com for the thought to write this blog. I've quickly realized this will be two blogs.

My definition of a power ballad is a rock tinged ballad, for instance all the songs below. However great ballads that are pop based weren't considered. Peter Cetera's "Glory Of Love" is possibly my favorite 80's ballad, but it's not rock based. Another song that wasn't considered, though amazing, is Bryan Adams' "Heaven". Typically what I mean by a power ballad is a ballad made by a hair metal band.

Bon Jovi "Wanted Dead Or Alive":


140,000, 000 views can't be wrong. "I'll Be There For You":



"Bed of Roses":



Can you see why they called it hair metal, although I never considered Bon Jovi a hair metal band. "Never Say Goodbye":



Jon Bon Jovi "Blaze of Glory":



18 million views can't be wrong, Poison's "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":


Def Leppard "Bringin' On The Heartache":


Queensryche "Silent Lucidity":


Cinderella "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)":


Cinderella "Nobody's Fool":


Warrant "Heaven":


Warrant "I Saw Red":


97,000,000 views can't be wrong. Skid Row "I Remember You":


Skid Row "Wasted Time":


Europe "Carrie":



Heart "What About Love":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites