Sunday, January 12, 2020

(Finished June 21st, 2020) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Bands #12 Billy Joel, Part 1: A Recent Concert

Hello,

I'm counting down the Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Bands of All-Time. I have no idea how long ago I started working on this blog, but I would love to finish it sometime. In counting down the Top 106 Greatest 80's Era Bands- although I've added a few more in the mean time- I've had stops and starts with this project. But it's way past time that I finish it.

Just a refresher:

20) Sinead O'Connor 19) Lionel Richie 18) The Cars 17) The Smiths 16) Chicago 15) Journey 14) Duran Duran 13) AC/DC- which is the next band I'm going to work on for these blogs. Unranked) Meat Loaf. Somehow when I was coming up with this list I forgot Meat Loaf, he's currently located in the unranked place. At #12 is Guns N' Roses and at #11 is Billy Joel, I'll circle around to G N'R and AC/DC at a later time.

I define the 80's era from 1977 to 1993 and I listen to all of the bands' music from that time frame. I'm still in the process of doing that for AC/DC, G N' R and Billy Joel. Until I finish that, here's a filler blog.

This is the setlist from Billy Joel's most recent concert from Hollywood, Florida on January 10th, 2020. Each time I've seen him in concert he's put on a great show. Thanks to Billy Joel's Instagram page for this setlist. 

I'm surprised they have the video for the full concert, but here it is:


The live videos are from all phases of Joel's career, not necessarily from the above concert.
1) "Miami 2017 (I've Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway)":


2)  "Pressure":


3) "Vienna":


4) "The Longest Time/ The Lion Sleeps Tonight":


5) "The Entertainer":


6) "Modern Woman":


7) "Don't Ask Me Why":



You'll have to watch the full concert video above to see how Joel and his fantastic band work "The Gambler" in with this song. 8) "The Downeaster Alexa/ The Gambler":


9) "Movin' Out":



10) "Allentown":



11) "New York State Of Mind":



12) "My Life":



13) "I Go To Extremes":



14) "Sometimes A Fantasy":



15) "Only The Good Die Young":



16) "The River of Dreams"/ "Take It Easy":


17) Mike DelGuidice sings "Nessun Dorma":


18) "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant":


19) "Piano Man":



Encore
20) "We Didn't Start The Fire":



21) "Uptown Girl":



22) "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me":



23) "Big Shot":



24) "You May Be Right"/ Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites