Wednesday, November 15, 2023

(Finished November 15th, 2023) Part 1 of Let's Explore Rock Pasta's 10 Obscure Hair Metal Bands

Hello,

I'm working on a series of blogs trying to figure out which year was the best year for hair metal between 1983-1992. To complete those blogs though I want to add obscure hair metal bands that maybe should be remembered. I Googled this and came up with Rock Pasta's 10 Best Forgotten Hair Metal Bands: 

https://rockpasta.com/10-best-forgotten-hair-metal-bands/#:~:text=10%20Best%20Forgotten%20Hair%20Metal%20Bands%201%201.,the%20signature%20sex-anthem%20%E2%80%9CCherry%20Pie%E2%80%9D.%20...%20More%20items

I plan on posting two songs for each band, but if that band has more great songs I'll add those as well. I'm going to also add the band Heaven's Edge, which I read a very enthusiastic review for yesterday. Rock Pasta included Warrant in the those forgotten hair metal bands, I don't think they're obscure at all. Thus I will not be featuring them hear. But if you want to listen to some great Warrant music check out "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich". For much the same reason I will not be including Ratt below.

Most hair metal fans should know this power ballad. This is a great band, but I'm not overwhelmed by much of their discography. 1) Kix "Don't Close Your Eyes":

"Cold Blood":

3) "Get It While It's Hot":

This is an interesting song for a hair metal band to cover. 2) Precious Metal "Mr. Big Stuff":

"Right Here, Right Now":

3) Enuff Z'Nuff This is another fairly well known hair metal power ballad "Fly High Michelle":

"New Thing":

"Mother's Eyes":

This band sounds like they're trying to be a band that sounds like Cinderella, if only they had a female singer. 4) Smashed Gladys "Legs Up":

This song takes over two minutes to kick in, but then it reaches the next level. Just remember not everyone has as powerful voice that Robert Plant does. "Eye of the Storm":

I like this song also. "Black Beauties & Blue Eyed Beauties":

I would like to visit Angel City someday, is it located near Paradise City? 5) Von Groove "Angel City":

"Once In A Lifetime":

"Two Nights In Tokyo":

6) Child's Play "Rat Race":

Sadly not the greatest sound for these songs. "Good Old Rock and Roll/ Long Way":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites