Thursday, November 16, 2023

(Finished November 16th, 2023) Part 10 of Gen Z Loves the 90s Country Classics, So Do I

Hello,

This is the first blog of this series I've done in over two years.

I have labeled some of these songs as best of the best, the 90s was a tremendous decade for country music. As usual I don't just post the hits, I post the best country songs of that decade.

RollingStone.com has a big article about Generation Z is loving 90s country. Here's the article : https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/nineties-country-blowing-gen-z-142735025.html

From the article:

But the Nineties country resurgence isn’t limited to Spotify. Apple Music, Amazon Music and Pandora have all realized the demand for the subgenre and curated their own Nineties country playlists. Today’s Nashville stars have taken note as well: For the past few years, artists like Luke Combs, Jon Pardi, Carly Pearce, Hailey Whitters, and Midland have been mining the sound, songwriting, and even style of the decade to great success. Blake Shelton based his entire Friends and Heroes Tour around celebrating veterans like John Anderson and Tracy Byrd. And when Joe Diffie, a Nineties icon with hits like “John Deere Greene” and “Pickup Man,” died in March 2020 from Covid-19, our remembrance of Diffie was one of Rolling Stone’s most-read stories ever.

Just an amazing song. The lyrics are great, the music is great and Natalie Maines mournful vocals win the day. This could be as close as one gets to a perfect song. Easily one of the best of the best. 153) The Chicks "You Were Mine";

This is one of those songs that slips through the cracks, but every time I hear it I love it. Best of the best. 154) John Conlee "She Can't Say That Anymore": 

155) Eddie Rabbit "You and I":

Best of the best. 156) Patty Loveless "I'm That Kind of Girl":

157) Toby Keith "Should've Been A Cowboy":

158) Restless Heart "Let The Heartache Ride Tonight":

159) John Michael Montgomery "I Swear":

This may or may not be my favorite Garth song, I love the lyrics so much. Best of the best. 160) Garth Brooks "Unanswered Prayers":

Best of the best. 161) Ricky Van Shelton "Somebody Lied":

162) John Michael Montgomery "I Can Love You Like That":

163) Faith Hill "It Matters To Me":


164) Clint Black "Loving Blind":


165) Garth Brooks "One Night A Day":


166) "If There Hadn't Been You":


167) Alan Jackson "Midnight In Montgomery":


168) Randy Travis "Heroes and Friends":


169) Hank Williams Jr. "Ain't Nobody's Business":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites