Saturday, January 27, 2024

(Finished January 27th, 2024) Part 2 of The Best Music of 1994

Hello,

My first blog in this series was from March 2023. 1994 was a pretty mediocre year for music.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2017/09/the_15_greatest_years_in_music.html- that website rates 1994 as the 11th best year in music. I just might have to disagree. All the writing in the bigger text comes from cleveland.com.

Green Day and The Offspring kickstart pop punk. The Beastie Boys become alt-rock stars. Nine Inch Nails push industrial rock forward. Oasis and Blur become the biggest thing in England since the Beatles. Nirvana goes unplugged. 

Notable albums: Nine Inch Nails – 'The Downward Spiral;" Nas – "Illmatic;" Green Day – "Dookie;" Jeff Buckley – "Grace;" Notorious B.I.G. – "Ready to Die;" Oasis – "Definitely Maybe;" Nirvana – "MTV Unplugged in New York;" Beastie Boys – "Ill Communication;" Pearl Jam – "Vitalogy;" Weezer – Weezer;" Pavement – "Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain;" Hole – "Live Through This;" Soundgarden – "Superunknown;" Johnny Cash – "American Recordings;" Portishead – "Dummy;" The Offspring – "Smash".

I have taken the list below from Billboard's Top 100 Songs From 1994.

1) Ace of Base "The Sign":


2) Celine Dion "The Power of Love":


3) Ace of Base "Don't Turn Around":

4) Ace of Base "All That She Wants":


5) Lisa Loeb and Nine Stories "Stay (I Missed You)":


6) Madonna "I'll Remember":


7) Salt-n-Pepa featuring En Vogue "Whatta Man":

8) John Mellencamp with Meshell Ndegeocello "Wild Night":


9) Elton John "Can You Feel The Love Tonight":

10) Coolio "Fantastic Voyage":


11) Big Mountain "Baby I Love Your Way":


12) All-4-One "So Much In Love":


13) Salt-n-Pepa "Shoop":


14) Collective Soul "Shine":


15) Enigma "Return To Innocence":


16) Sheryl Crow "All I Wanna Do":


17) Meat Loaf "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites