Thursday, January 18, 2024

(Finished January 18th, 2024) Part 1 of The Top 200 Rock Songs of the 90s: Songs 200-184

Hello,

This is the most bizarre rock countdown I've ever seen. It has several songs by Maria McKee (who?), The Allman Brothers (they were okay in the 70s) and Saraya (Who? Part 2). I would much more prefer my Top 200 90s rock countdown, but this one is easier to work with in this context. If you want to look at the website where this countdown resides: https://www.classicrockhistory.com/top-200-rock-songs-of-the-90s/

184) Van Morrison "Raincheck":

185) Texas "In Our Lifetime":

186) The Ramones "I Don't Want To Grow Up":

187) Van Morrison "Lonely Avenue/ You Give Me Nothing But The Blues":

One of the wimpiest songs of all-time. 188) Hootie and the Blowfish "Let Her Cry":

189) Sting "Hung My Head":

190) Donald Fagen "Trans Island Skyway":

191) Bob Dylan "Love Sick":


192) Phish "Fast Enough For You":


What a wimpy song. 193) Eric Clapton "Pilgrim":


194) Paul Simon "The Obvious Child":


195) Todd Rundgren "Change Myself":

This song has no right to be on this countdown. The W. Axl Rose whining and profanity make this song nearly unlistenable. Out of the 30 songs on the two disc "Use Your Illusions" discs this is the 30th best song. 196) Guns N' Roses "Get In The Ring":

197) Tom Waits "Such a Scream":

198) Bob Dylan "Not Dark Yet":

I'm sorry but the man can't sing at all. 199) Bob Dylan "World Gone Wrong":

I didn't think there would be anything worse than the Bob Dylan songs, I was wrong. Somehow this song I never heard of landed at #38 on Classic Rock History's countdown. Just because someone hasn't heard a song doesn't mean it's not good. But now that I have heard this song it's still not good. 200) Tom Waits "Earth Died Screaming":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites