Wednesday, January 3, 2024

(Finished January 3rd, 2024) Part 6 of The Best Songs of 1977

Hello,

The last blog I did in this series was several months ago, it's time to do another one. I still need to read that book mentioned below.

This blog is mostly inspired by a book I saw a couple of years ago at Target. I loved the title of the book, which is "I Heard It In A Love Song". That of course reminded me of the classic Marshall Tucker Band song. I needed to hear that song again, then I took it further and decided to build a series of blogs around it. I'm focusing on 1977, it was an amazing year for music.

I spent more time than I should have to made sure all of these songs were released in 1977. If I am wrong on any it is my fault. I was trying to keep these songs in alphabetical order and I was pretty close.

These next six songs are by Billy Joel. 86) "Just The Way You Are":

87) "She's Always A Woman To Me":

88) "Only The Good Die Young":

89 "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant":

"The Stranger" CD was released in 1977, but the single wasn't released until 1978. 90) "The Stranger":

91) "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)":

92) George Jones and Tammy Wynette "Near You":

93) Tom Jones "Say You'll Stay Until Tomorrow":

94) B.B. King "Never Make Your Move Too Soon":

95) Loretta Lynn "Out of My Head And Back In My Bed":

96) Loretta Lynn "She's Got You":

97) Loretta Lynn "Why Can't He Be You":

98) Mary MacGregor "Torn Between Two Lovers":


99) From "Man of La Mancha" Peter O'Toole "The Impossible Dream":

100) Bob Marley and the Wailers "Exodus":

101) Bob Marley and the Wailers "Jamming":

102) "Punky Reggae Party":


103) Bob Marley and The Wailers "Waiting In Vain":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites