Saturday, August 29, 2026

(Finished August 29th, 2026) Part 4 of Songs About The One Who Got Away/ Previous Loves

Hello,

This blog is inspired by one of the greatest songs of all-time, Eric Church's "Springsteen", a song about a very memorable relationship that ended. There's no one like that for me, but still each time I hear one of those songs it hits me right in the feels. These songs are those we look back on with nostalgia/ feeling wistful. In other words songs like Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" won't be here. These songs are some of the greatest songs ever. Some may wonder is there a chance to reconcile? Who knows, but I'll include a few of those songs here as well. Also I'll include a few songs about relationships that should be over already. 

52) Patty Loveless "You Don't Even Know Who I Am":

53) Mary Chapin Carpenter "He Thinks He'll Keep Her":

54) Train featuring Ashley Monroe "Bruises":

55) The Eurythmics "Would I Lie To You":

One of those relationships that should end. 56) Little Big Town "Sugar Coat":

57) The Commodores "Still":

58) Poison "Every Rose Has It's Thorn":


59) Reba McEntire "The Last One To Know":


60) Randy VanWarmer "Just When I Needed You The Most":


61) Dan Seals "Addicted":


This might be the definitive version of "Hallelujah", the version that I've been looking for so long. It's still bizarre to me that I hadn't heard this song until Jason Castro sang it on "American Idol". 62) ALECO "Hallelujah":

63) Don Henley "The Boys of Summer":

64) First Aid Kit "Ghost Town":

65) Hall and Oates "She's Gone":

66) Pearl Jam "Black":

67) No Doubt "Don't Speak":

68) Skid Row "I Remember You":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites