Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Great Music By Wanting and Black English, The Gorgeous Merritt Patterson

Hello,

I just want to pass some songs from two musicians that I've "discovered" recently. Discovered isn't the best word, as a lot of people had to work hard for me to "discover" these two artists. According to Wikipedia her full name is Wanting Qu, but she just goes by Wanting. She's 31, was born in China and is now based in Vancouver. She sings like an angel and she's also easy on the eyes. Here are some of my favorite of her songs. If you enjoy her as much as me, please support her music.

I first fell in love with her voice when I heard this song. What a great song and I love the way she sings.

This is "Drenched":


"Life Is Like A Song":


"Jar of Love" (Live):


"Time My Friend (With Far East Movement)":


"Love Struck Me Down":


"Joker Needs Laughter Too" (She said "goofball", one of my all-time favorite words.):


I need to thank the show "Royals" for helping me "discover" the band Black English. "Royals" is such a sleazy show, a guilty pleasure if there ever were one. I'd watch "Royals" with or without Merritt Patterson, but I so much prefer the show with the fresh faced beauty:


Anyway on this past Sunday's episode they played Black English's "Leave The Door Wide Open":


Black English used to be known as NO, the recently changed their name. I don't know a lot more about Black English, as there's relatively little on the internet. I do know they'll be touring America soon with The Psychedelic Furs. Also they are a six man band from all over the world, it seems they are currently based out of LA.

This is a live performance that they did for a Seattle radio station when they were still known as NO.



Other good Black English songs "Stay With Me":



"What's Your Name":



"Monday":



Both artists I'm digging now, but will they still be on my radar a year from now?

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites