Monday, April 6, 2015

themusicaddict's Fantastic Fourteen More Discovered, Re-Discovered Songs Part 5: Old and New Madonna Plus Other Classics

Hello,

Older and newer Madonna, when possible I like to highlight an artist's more obscure songs. I love "Like A Virgin" as much as the next person, but Madonna has dozens of great songs. For instance, "White Heat":


"HeartBreak City" (Warning: the lyrics are R rated.):


Old and new Rihanna, this is her brand new song "American Oxygen": (I can't say I'm feeling it yet.)


One of my favorite Rihanna songs "Good Girl Gone Bad":


George Jones " The Corvette Song: The One I Loved Back Then":


In 1977 two great cultural forces ran into each other, producing this time capsule song. It was not to be long for Disco though as just a couple of years later it died a not so valiant death. Meanwhile in 2015 "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has ignited "Star Wars" fever for a new generation. I know the movie will never live up to my expectations, for some reason I'm still hoping for a miracle on December 18th. I'll be near the front of the line. Meco's "Star Wars" theme:


"The Imperial March (Darth Vader's theme): (Let the goosebumps begin!)


John Denver's "Take Me Home Country Roads":


Bonus song: John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy":


Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water": (A cover of this song was playing in the background on my current favorite show, the very addicting Netflix series "Bloodline".)


The Wanting's "Drenched":



The Belle Stars "Iko Iko" (from the amazing "Rainman"):



"Nightswimming": (This is one of R.E.M.'s more obscure songs, but still a great song nonetheless.)



Taco's "Puttin' On The Ritz":



Hollywood Undead's "Usual Suspects" (R rated lyrics):



Along with writing this blog, I'm also following baseball scores on this first real day of the 2015 MLB season. The Cubs and Cardinals played the actual first game of the season last night. Meet the new Cubs, same as the old Cubs. The Cubs ended the game with 0 runs, which is the same number they started the game with. It sure would be nice to see what slugger Kris Bryant could do! Yeah I know it's all about keeping control of Bryant's contract for one more year. Anywho.

Bonus song: John Fogerty's "Centerfield":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites