Saturday, April 18, 2015

themusicaddict's Best of Madonna 1990-1993

Hello,

I'm not going to lie, I love Madonna. Due to inspiration from hearing "Papa Don't Preach" on my morning walk, I decided to post a Madonna blog today. With her new CD "Rebel Heart" out recently she has been on my mind more than usual. But I quickly ruled out blogging about her 80's songs, I'm sure there have been a billion blogs written about her 80's music. Then I thought to myself her 90's phase would probably be a nice tidy blog, that was until I started researching that decade. Also I'm sure there have been only millions of blogs written about her 90's discography. As I usually do this blog is her greatest songs, not just her greatest hits, from 1990-1993.

I'm starting with one song from the amazing "Like A Prayer", plus songs from 1990's "I'm Breathless", 1991's "Immaculate Collection" and 1992's "Erotica" I quickly realized how many songs that would be. That's a total of 18 songs during that very fertile part of Madonna's career. That fertile word takes on a double meaning with some of the lyrics from "Erotica".

For some of these songs I went when the actual single was released, if different than when the actual CD was released. Thanks to Wikipedia for the basic information so that I could write this blog.

The CD "Like A Prayer" was released in 1989, but this song was released as a single in 1990. "Keep It Together":


"Keep It Together" 12 inch mix:


Released on May 22nd, 1990 was "I'm Breathless: Music From and Inspired By The Film Dick Tracy"

"Hanky Panky":


"I'm Going Bananas":


"Something To Remember":


"Back In Business":


"More":


"Now I'm Following You" (Parts 1 & 2):



"Now I'm Following You" 2011 remix from VJdustin:



"Vogue":



"Vogue" live at the 1990 MTV Music Awards: Madonna and her influence has out lasted MTV and their influence. With a Madonna live performance it felt like any thing was possible, it felt dangerous. MTV used to feel like that too, now they just seem lame. MTV needs to change it's name to RTV: Reality Television. If it wasn't for "Catfish", I would never think about MTV. It's sad how far they've fallen.


Released on November 9th, 1990, these are the two new songs from "The Immaculate Collection":

"Justify My Love":



"Justify My Love" (Live):



"Rescue Me":


Released on June 16th, 1992 was "This Used To Be My Playground", a stand alone song from the movie "A League Of Their Own". What an amazing and powerful song:


Released on October 20th 1991 was "Erotica":

"Erotica":



"Fever":



"Deeper and Deeper":



"Waiting":



The VJdustin remix of "Waiting":



"Thief of Hearts":



"Rain":


Here's a preview from the next Madonna blog, whenever that will be released. The next blog will probably be from 1994-1997 as that will feature several songs from "Evita".

This is 1994's "Take A Bow", I love how good her voice sounds here. But whose dumb idea was it to have Babyface as a glorified backup singer? I realize it was suppose to help both of their careers, but then why wasn't Babyface given more to do or maybe sing another song? Madonna is still around, whatever happened to Babyface?


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites