Friday, April 3, 2015

themusicaddict's Fantastic Fourteen More Discovered, Re-Discovered Songs Part 4: Old School, New Rock and An Amazing Cover

Hello,

For whatever reason whenever I'm, ahem, "in between jobs" I get less done than when I'm working. Without the structure of a job and the discipline that forces me to have I have less urgency. For instance, I'm blogging less. But one thing I'm doing more of is watching TV. I watched a lot less TV when I had my last job, I'm trying to catch up a little bit now. One show I'm watching is "iZombie", a decent if not amazing show. I've only watched two episodes so far and I'd give it a lukewarm thumbs up. I never really expected I'd see a show that combined zombies and a police procedural. Anyway this is the show's theme song, deadboy & the Elephantmen's "Stop, I'm Already Dead":


This is one of those songs that I discovered from downloading everything I could on my iTunes. A lot of those songs I've deleted off my iTunes. However I'm going to keep DJ Cheb I Sabbah's "Qalanderi":


Here's a bonus song, this is the beginning of "Inside Man" set to the stirring music of "Chaaiya Chaaiya":


Here's the extended version, truly a great song if a bit weird video:


I continue working on my Greatest Songs of All-Time blog, part of that is the very slow process of listening to every song on my iTunes. I heard this song the other day and I'm not sure why it had such a  profound effect on me the other day. But listening to this song, it's having the same impact:


Another song that has an great emotional impact on me, Barbara Streisand's "The Way We Were":


The Whispers "Rock Steady":


Upcoming Greatest Hits blogs are coming for Bullet For My Valentine and Three Days Grace. Here's Three Days Grace "Lost In You":


 and Three Days Grace cover of "The Chain":


Bullet For My Valentine's  "The Last Fight":


Gloriana's "Wild At Heart":



I wouldn't call myself a bit Aerosmith fan, but I do love this "Amazing" song:



Circus Zero's "Levitation":



Led Zeppelin's "Gallows Pole":



They Might Be Giants "Women and Men":



The Vapors "Turning Japanese":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites