Thursday, April 23, 2015

themusicaddict's Fantastic Fourteen More Discovered, Rediscovered Songs Part 7 + Upcoming Blogs

Hello,

Upcoming blogs: Last May I compiled a list of the Top 100 +2 songs on my iTunes, near the end of May 2015 I'll be posting an updated Top 100 songs. From looking at the original list the other day, it looks like not a whole lot has changed.

These blogs will be coming sooner than later. Greatest Songs of All-Time for Rod Stewart, R.E.M., Lifehouse, Yellowcard, The Ataris, Black Eyed Peas, Three Days Grace and others.

These blogs will be coming later than sooner. Book reviews: Molly Guptil Manning's "When Books Went To War: The Stories That Helped Us Win World War 2", Ted Richardson's "Imposters of Patriotism" and Gabrielle Zevin's "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry".

Around the end of July my review of the Motley Crue farewell concert from will be posted. I'm looking forward to that.

Finally sometime around December 18th, 2015 will be my review of "Star Wars: The Force Awakens":
(this preview has been seen over 43 million times already, not bad as it's only been out a few days)


Yeah, I'm a little excited and I'll be going with two of my kids (the two kids who don't think they are too cool to see it).

Then a blog I probably spend about at least a hour per day, my Greatest Songs of All-Time blog. I've collected several thousands songs so far, but still have a lot more songs to add. If I ever really do finish that blog it's probably still over a year away. Anyone can look at it though, it's just a collection of song titles and some videos. At this point I still do plan on finishing it.

Here's some great songs I've discovered or rediscovered over the last couple of weeks. First up is Beth Hart, she just released the new CD "Better Than Home". Sadly it's nowhere as good as her 2013 CD "Bang Bang Boom Boom", which featured "The Ugliest House On The Block":


Bonus Beth Hart song, this was probably most people's introduction to Miss Hart "L.A. Song":


Two from A Taste of Honey:
"Boogie Oogie Oogie":


One of the most beautiful ballads of all-time. "Sukiyaki":


The Four Season's "December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)":



Flight of the Conchords "Inner City Pressure": (No, this really isn't The Pet Shop Boys.)



Passenger's "Let Her Go":



This is from the 80's second greatest soundtrack, "Pretty In Pink". "Purple Rain" is not only the greatest 80's soundtrack, it just may be the greatest CD ever. Anyway Nik Kershaw's "Wouldn't It Be Good" (song starts at about the 20 second mark):



Gene Pitney's "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance":



The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra "Hawaii Five-O":



Walk The Moon's "Anna Sun":



Do you ever get the feeling that Sebastian Bach isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer? Skid Row's "Big Guns":



Pearl Jam's "Glorified G":



Veragroove's "Broken Glass":



Lou Bega's "Mambo No. 5 (A Little Bit of ...)":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites