Wednesday, April 8, 2015

themusicaddict's Ex Songs

Hello,

In about a month from now, it will be my 5 year anniversary of my divorce. Now this blog isn't about her, this blog about songs that describe all the emotions that go along the end of relationships.

Paul Carrack's "Don't Shed A Tear":


Johnny Hates Jazz "Shattered Dreams":


The Black Keys "Next Girl":


I don't know if this relationship is over, but it's definitely on the rocks. The Human League's "Human":


Speaking of on the rocks, Neil Diamond's "Love On The Rocks":


This song was a pretty big song shortly after my divorce, I heard it everywhere I went. It dredged up sadness and painful memories every time I heard it. Now that I'm mostly healed (I don't think we ever are fully healed) the song has much less effect on me. Now it's mostly just a great song. Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now":


I know I just posted these songs recently on my Rascal Flatts blog, but these two songs are so good and perfect for this blog.  "What Hurts The Most":


Easily one of my favorite songs ever: "These Days":


Oh man I love this song so much! Green Day's "Whatsername":


Some of my favorite lyrics for a rock song ever. U2's "With or Without You":



The Band Perry's "Done":



Montgomery Gentry "Gone":



Mark Chesnutt "Just Wanted You To Know":



Ben Folds Five "Song For The Dumped":



Train's "50 Ways To Say Goodbye":



Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart":



Rihanna's "Take A Bow":



James Blunt "So Long Jimmy":



If you didn't know already, the lady can really sing! Adele's "Rolling In The Deep":



Blackhawk's "Goodbye Says It All":



Pearl Jam's "Black":



That powerful song is so good it deserves another live performance with those amazingly haunting lyrics sung by Eddie Vedder":



Patsy Cline "3 Cigarettes In An Ashtray":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites