Thursday, August 13, 2015

themusicaddict's The Most Obscure Songs on My iPod Part 1 (Finished August 14th, 2015)

Hello,

My last blog featured some of the more obscure songs on my blog ranging from relatively obscure (Black Stone Cherry's "Blame It On The Boom Boom" to not obscure (Avril Lavigne's "The Best Damn Thing") to some of the most famous songs of all-time (Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" and The Who's "Baba O' Riley.)

For the next 3 blogs I'm going to list the truly obscure songs on my iPod. I don't ever listen to the radio so I don't really know what's obscure and what isn't. And if you've ever paid attention to my blog, many of these songs won't be obscure at all. I'm always looking for new music but I love my all time favorite songs. It's my guess that these songs are obscure, I've snuck in a few songs just because I like them. Here goes and enjoy:

A 90's classic: 1) The Toadies "Possum Kingdom":


One of the original Go Go's: 2) Jane Wiedlin's "Rush Hour":


Just a great song: 3) Stone Temple Pilot's "Wicked Garden":


Recently featured on my blog, but this song has not received enough love: 4) Dragonette's "Pick Up The Phone":


Not really an obscure song, just a very old song. It's still an amazing song after all these years. 5) Boz Skaggs "Lowdown":


One of those bands that seemed like they should have been bigger than they actually ended up being. 6) 12 Stones "Open Your Eyes":



Now I'm pretty darn sure this song is obscure, although it shouldn't be. 7) The Swellers "Sleeper":


Another one of those bands that come out of nowhere and leave just as quickly, but they leave behind a few pop gems like this. We Are Scientists "Nobody Move, Nobody Gets Hurt":


See above: Polar Bear Club "Living Saints":


I'm a big Redlight King fan, especially his amazing first CD, "Something For The Pain". This is "City Life":


Another classic, this one about a simpler time. Eddie Money's "I Wanna Go Back":


From the very solid "Drones" CD, Muse's latest CD. Muse's "Reapers":


Another 90's odd ball classic. Soul Coughing's "Super Bon Bon":


Not sure how this excellent song didn't break wider. Keaton Simmons' "Nobody Knows":


Great singer, great song. Red Five's "Your Creation":


Despite it's goofiness, it still works. KLF's "Stand By The Jams":


Another 90's classic. Tori Amos' "Crucify":



See above. SR-71's "Right Now":



From one of the best voices in rock music, although he never reached the fame he deserved. Dio's "Mystery":



One of the many great songs from the "Singles" soundtrack. Paul Westerburg's "Dyslexic Heart":



A band that should get more attention. Pop Evil's "Deal With The Devil":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites