Friday, October 2, 2015

Quick Reviews of New Music (October 2nd, 2015)

Hello,

Still coming is my review of the Def Leppard concert at USANA Amphitheatre this past Monday. I just want to say that if you spell the band's name as Def Leopard, then you aren't a true fan. I'll also be writing the fifth and final Bands That Should Have Been Bigger blog, which will be about 10 Years soon. But today I just want to write quick reviews of new music.

I would like to thank both Grantland and Rdio for suggesting some of the songs for this blog.

One of the CDs I was most looking for this fall was the new Janet Jackson CD "Unbreakable", it's her first new CD in 7 years. And so very sadly it's a bore, I could only listen to a few songs before I had to stop listening. Grantland calls the CD "mature", I hadn't realized "mature" meant boring until I read that review. A better title for "Unbreakable" would have been "Unbearable". Whatever you do skip this CD, pick up "Control" or "Rhythm Nation 1814" instead. I have one positive thing to say about 2015 Janet Jackson, she's still looking gorgeous. Too bad she got stuck with such boring songs.

I so hate the trend of having a past their prime or up and coming rapper, rap on a song. So few songs are actually helped by that strategy. Neither of the songs below are able to elevate a rather generic song, in fact J. Cole only brings down his song. Here's "BURNITUP!"- but you'll need to provide your match:


This is truly an awful, boring song. "No Sleeep":


Now this is how it should be done: "Nasty":


Other songs that are disappointing, I didn't even listen to the new Chris Brown song "Zero", the title told me all I needed to know about him and the song.

I noticed that both Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco share the same label, Fueled By Ramen. That seems appropriate, because from the music to the vocal this song sounds exactly one of the same sounding Fall Out Boy songs. Panic! I remember when you used to be relevant.

The no truth in advertising titled "Victorious":


I hate the language in the song "I Write Sins Not Tragedies", but this is a great song. In fact their whole first CD is good.


Again Katharine McPhee's "Lick My Lips" isn't a great song, but at least it has a pulse. Plus we get to see the gorgeous Miss McPhee walk around in those sexy clothes:


Now here's one of my favorite Katharine McPhee songs "Brand New Key":


I'm writing this blog and even I'm getting bored of it, so I think I'm going to skip posting Sara Bareilles "She Used To Be Mine", Broken Bells "It's That Talk Again", Pentatonix's "Where Are U Now" and Daughter's tepid song "Doing The Right Thing". Only great songs here on out.

I was going to post Eagles of Death Metal's "Got A Woman", but that album cover is offensive, maybe when there's a lyric video that doesn't show that awful cover.

Although you wouldn't be able to tell from this blog, I love all sorts of music. I'm also a sucker for a great pop song. That's why I'm posting the One Direction song, "Infinity":


Now on to a threeplay by Bleachers, starting with the dance worthy "Rollercoaster" (featuring Charli XCX):


"I Wanna Get Better" (featuring Tinashe):


"You're Still A Mystery" (featuring MO- I don't have the O with a line through it on my laptop):


Finally a fourplay by Breaking Benjamin, starting with one of their newer songs "Close To Heaven":



"I Will Not Bow":



"So Cold":



"Diary of Jane":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites