Wednesday, August 15, 2018

(Finished August 15th, 2018) A Tribute To The Great Aretha Franklin

Hello,

News reports are leaking out that the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin, is "seriously ill" and in hospice care. Usually when someone is in hospice, that's usually the time right before a person is going to die. I'm praying for her to have the best life she possibly can have as long as she lives.

On the day I was born the #1 song was Aretha's classic "Respect". I've always had much love for the Queen of Soul, but even more so because I was born on the day one of the most classic songs ever was #1.

"Do Right Woman- Do Right Man":


"Respect":


"I Say A Little Prayer":


"(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman":



Singing with Mariah Carey, two powerhouses together. "Chain of Fools":



"Ain't No Way":



"Think":



"Spanish Harlem":



"Angel":



"Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)":


"I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You)":


"Something He Can Feel":



"Freeway of Love":



"Who's Zoomin Who":



Featuring George Michael "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)":



"Sweet Sweet Baby (Since You've Been Gone)":



"The House That Jack Built":



"Rock Steady":



"Another Night":



Featuring Elton John "Through The Storm":



Featuring Michael McDonald "Ever Changing Times";


"Son Of A Preacher Man":



I love the Queen of Soul, but Dusty Springfield's version of this song is the definitive version:



Featuring Peter Wolf "Push":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites