Sunday, August 5, 2018

(Finished August 5th, 2018) The Top 17 Songs of All-Time According to Billboard

Hello,

It's so strange that I was compelled to research a Billboard Top 100 yesterday, which just happened to be the 60th anniversary of the Billboard Top 100. Billboard has a countdown of the All-Time Top 600 songs in those 60 years. Again this is from Billboard and I claim no ownership of this list. Here's the actual link to get more information: https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100-60th-anniversary. This is a very interesting list and I wanted to share it with you. I was going to stop with the Top 15, but extended it to the Top 17 due to what song #17 is, it's also one of my all-time favorite songs. Just a side note it makes me laugh that Billboard identifies the gender of the artist.

1) Chubby Checker "The Twist":


No doubt about it, this is an amazing song. It also features one of my favorite lines in pop music:
"Give me your heart, make it real or else forget about it."

2) Santana featuring Rob Thomas "Smooth":


One of the many great songs that crossed over from Broadway into pop music. 3) Bobby Darin "Mack The Knife":


Without a doubt one of the catchiest songs ever and worthy of every one of it's 3 billion YouTube views.
4) Mark Ronson featuring Bruno Mars "Uptown Funk":


At least something good came out of the movie "Pearl Harbor". 5)  LeAnn Rimes "How Do I Live":


Well at least they were a two hit wonder. 6) LMFAO Featuring Lauren Bennett & Goonrock "Party Rock Anthem":


7) The Black Eyed Peas "I Gotta Feeling":



Many would consider this one of the most annoying songs ever, however I've always liked this song. 8) Los Del Rio "Macarena" (Bayside Boys Mix)":



The song that seemed to be omnipresent the last couple of years. 9) Ed Sheeran "The Shape Of You":



Many teenage boys had dreams about getting physical with Olivia when this song came out, especially when she came out in all black and saying "stud" in "Grease".
10) Olivia Newton-John "Physical":



That outfit from "Grease". "You're The One That I Want":



A song that time hasn't been kind to. 11) Debby Boone "You Light Up My Life":



12) The Beatles "Hey Jude":



13) Chainsmokers Featuring Halsey "Closer":



A classic.14) Mariah Carey "We Belong Together":



Meh. 15) Toni Braxton "Un-break My Heart":



16) Usher Featuring Lil Jon and Ludacris "Yeah":



17) Kim Carnes "Bette Davis Eyes":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites