Saturday, February 29, 2020

(Finished February 29th, 2020) Best Country Songs of the 70s, Part 1

Hello,

First I started working on the blog for best country songs of the 80s. Then I started working on the best country songs of the 90s. The plan I was going to highlight the best country songs from 2000-2010, and I still might, but I was less than excited about many of those songs. So I decided I would go back to the golden days of 70s country music and I was reminded how many great songs that decade had. Here's about 80 of them. The following songs come from my memory, iTunes, YouTube playlists, Ranker.com and a few other websites.

1) John Denver "Take Me Home Country Roads":


2) The Charlie Daniels Bands "The Devil Went Down To Georgia":


3) Charlie Pride "Kiss An Angel Good Morning":


4) Kenny Rogers "The Gambler":


5) Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings "Good Hearted Woman":


6) Glen Campbell "Rhinestone Cowboy":



7) Dolly Parton "Jolene":



8) Tanya Tucker "Delta Dawn":


9) Lynn Anderson "I Beg Your Pardon, I Never Promised You A Rose Garden":



10) Charlie Rich "Behind Closed Doors":



11) Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson "Mammas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys":



12) Crystal Gayle "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue":



13) Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn "Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man":



14) Vicki Lawrence "The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia":



15) C.W. McCall "Convoy":



16) John Denver "Thank God I'm A Country Boy":



17) Glen Campbell "Southern Nights":




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites