Saturday, November 19, 2022

(Finished November 19th, 2022) Part 5 of "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything", The Best of 1971

Hello,

I have no connection to the Apple series "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything". However I started watching the 8 episode season tonight and reliving all that history and great music. I'll use this series as an inspiration for this blog. 1971 was a weird year in many away. One of the biggest artists of that year was The Osmonds. I was only 4 that year so I didn't have an opinion, but my opinion I'm sure would not have been that high. Looking back now I'm still shocked. How did a bunch of white Utah Mormon boys be in the same league as Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin and many others?

 "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything":

The Guitar Historian's look at the best albums of 1971:

69) From Elton John's "Madman Across The Water": The title song:

70) "Levon":

71) "Tiny Dancer":

The best Country songs of 1971:

72) Jerry Reed "When You're Hot, You're Hot":

73) Charley Pride "Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'":

74) Sammi Smith "Help Me Make It Through The Night":

75) Freddie Hart "Easy Lovin'":

76) Billy Crash Craddock "Knock Three Times":

77) Johnny Paycheck "(Don't Take Her) She's All I Got":

78) Loretta Lynn & Conway Twitty "Lead Me On":

79) Johnny Cash "Man In Black":

80) Johnny Cash "Flesh and Blood":

81) Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn "After The Fire Is Gone":


82) This is pretty cool although he's a much better singer than she is:


83) Tom T. Hall "The Year Clayton Delaney Died":

84) Glen Campbell "Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)":

85) Statler Brothers "Bed of Roses":

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites