Sunday, November 27, 2022

(Finished November 27th, 2022) Part 6 of "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything", The Best of 1971

Hello,

I have no connection to the Apple series "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything". However I started watching the 8 episode season tonight and reliving all that history and great music. I'll use this series as an inspiration for this blog. 1971 was a weird year in many away. One of the biggest artists of that year was The Osmonds. I was only 4 that year so I didn't have an opinion, but my opinion I'm sure would not have been that high. Looking back now I'm still shocked. How did a bunch of white Utah Mormon boys be in the same league as Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin and many others?

86) Susan Kaye "L.A. International Airport":


87) Bobby Bare "Come Sundown":


88) Tompall & the Glaser Brothers "Rings":

89) Tom Jones "She's A Lady":

90) Tony Orlando & Dawn "Knock Three Times":

These next few songs are from Janis Joplin's "Pearl" 91) "Me and Bobby McGee":

92) "Cry Baby":

93) Janis Joplin "Move Over":

94) John Denver "Take Me Home Country Roads

95) John Denver "Sunshine On My Shoulders":

96) T. Rex "Get It On":

97) Paul McCartney "Another Day":

98) Paul and Linda McCartney  "Uncle Albert/ Admiral Halsey":

99) Bee Gees "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart":

100) Ringo Starr "It Don't Come Easy":

101) Joe Cocker "High Time We Went":

102) Jonathan Edwards "Sunshine (Go Away Today):

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites