Saturday, July 25, 2026

(Finished July 25th, 2026) Part 1 of Songs About The One Who Got Away/ Previous Loves

Hello,

This blog is inspired by one of the greatest songs of all-time, Eric Church's "Springsteen", a song about one that had a very memorable relationship that ended. There's no one like that for me, but still each time I hear one of those songs it hits me right in the feels. These songs are those we look back on with nostalgia/ feeling wistful. In other words songs like Alanis Morissette's "You Oughta Know" won't be here. These songs are some of the greatest songs ever. Is there a chance to reconcile? Who knows, but I will include a few of those songs here as well. 

This video is perfect for this song. I'm pretty sure this song will never leave my iPod. 1) Green Day "Whatsername":


2) Tim McGraw "Red Ragtop":


3) Clint Black "Where Are You Now":


Listen to this as many times as need on your streaming service of choice or iTunes. 4) Eric Church "Springsteen":


5) Simple Minds "Don't You (Forget Me)":


6) Benson Boone "Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else":


7) Celine Dion "It's All Coming Back To Me":


8) Sinead O'Connor "Nothing Compares 2 U":


9) Glass Tiger "Don't Forget Me (When I'm Gone)":


10) James Ingram "Just Once":


11) Kenny Chesney "Don't Happen Twice":


12) The Counting Crows "A Long December":


13) Sufjan Stevens "Casimir Pulaski Day":


14) Susan Raye "LA International Airport":


15) Skeeter Davis "The End of the World":


Their harmonies are sublime. This song turns the idea of the one that got away on it's head. 16) The Civil Wars "The One That Got Away":


17) Phil Collins "Against All Odds":


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites