Wednesday, October 4, 2017

(Finished October 5th, 2017) themusicaddict's Top 106 Greatest 80's Bands #33 Run-D.M.C.: Their Best 80's Era Songs Part 4 #12-#1

Hello,

These are the best of the best songs of the best rap band ever. I know I've been critical of them for some of their songs sounding too much like. However that's not to take away from all the great songs they recorded over the years. The 12 songs below are all great songs and I'm grateful for all the great songs that RUN-D.M.C. have brought to us over the years. I love the thumping bass, the excellent mixture of rock and rap, they didn't swear a lot or demean women and they were also an incredibly fun band.

Here we go:

12) "Soul To Rock & Roll":


11) "I'm Not Going Out Like That":


10) "Dumb Girl":


9) "Christmas In Hollis":


8) "Faces":


7) "Is It Live";



6) "You Be Illin'":



5) "Peter Piper":



4) "Raising Hell":




3) "Hit It Run":


2) "Walk This Way" taking Aerosmith's original song and improving on it:


1) "It's Tricky":



A pairing that I wouldn't have even considered as being remotely possible. Now in my opinion RUN-D.M.C. is the greatest rap band ever. However I don't think anyone that seriously considers Jackyl to be one of the best rock bands ever- at least that aren't related to a member of the band. Turn up the bass:



I talked about it, hyped it up and so I might as well include it here. Without a doubt the greatest rap CD of all-time. Rest In Peace Jay!!!


themusicaddict

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Favorites