Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Go Dodgers!! May This Year Be Sweet as 1988!!!

Hello,
This is what I posted on my Facebook page today.
I've always loved baseball and have been a big fan over the years. Over the years I've added the Cubs, Red Sox, Pirates, Orioles, A's and Braves to the teams I love and follow. (Don't ask each has their own story.) But the first team I fell in love with was the Dodgers. My favorite player growing up was Steve Garvey. I remember the classic lineup of Steve Garvey, Bill Russell, Davey Lopes and the Penguin, Ron Cey at third base. Also the Afro'd Reggie Smith, Dusty Baker, Orel Hershiser and too many other players to mention. Somehow through great luck I was home watching the game when Kirk Gibson hit that dramatic homer. I could have picked up hours that night at my job. But the Dodgers were in the World Series and I just didn't know how long until the Dodgers would be in the World Series again. Thankfully I declined the offer for extra hours so I could watch this moment:


Wow, the answer to the question was the Dodgers wouldn't make the World Series for 29 years. Tonight that long streak comes to the end as the Dodgers welcomes the Houston Astros.

So all I have to say is Go Dodgers!!!!

theDodgersaddict

YOUTUBE.COM


No comments:

Favorites