Sunday, October 29, 2017

(Finished October 29th, 2017) The Greatest Songs of All-Time Known and Lesser Known Part 2

Hello,

I've been thinking about this series of blogs for some time and have been working on a list the last couple of days. My goal is to find and post the Top 100 songs of all-time. However I'm not foolish enough to plan on actually counting them down. Instead what I'm going to do is find the Top 100ish greatest songs of all-time. To make this easier for me, I'm going to break this down by genre. I have tried to keep only one song per artist, but have found that impossible. I'm breaking this down by genres, Broadway, Country, Pop, Rock, New Wave & Alternative, Standards, Reggae, Rap, Disco, Blues & Soul and Unknown Songs. I'll admit some of these genres will blend into each other, thus I'm acknowledging that up front.

As I've been working on this blog and thinking about trying to only get 100ish greatest songs of all-time I've come to the conclusion that finding only 100 greatest songs of all-time is impossible. But I also don't want this to turn into a several hundred songs blog series. However sadly it looks like that's what's going to happen. When there have been millions of songs created, it seems logical that a few hundred of them will be the cream of the crop.

For unknown or lesser known songs I'm breaking that into two blogs. In this second blog these are the greatest unknown and lesser known songs of all-time. And if you know any of these songs, they must be better known than I thought.

 Not a big Jack Black fan, but this song is a work of genius. Tenacious D "Tribute":


Nick Kershaw "Wouldn't It Be Good":


Cake "Rock 'n' Roll Lifestyle":


Screaming Trees "Nearly Lost You":


Spin Doctors "Little Miss Can't Be Wrong":


Lightning Seeds "Pure":


Veruca Salt "Seether":


Sammy Johns "Chevy Van":


Boom Crash Opera "Onion Skin":


Terry Jacks "Seasons In The Sun":


Thank you YouTube for reminding me of this song, I had completely forgotten about it. Sneaker Pimps "6 Underground":


Michael Martin Murphey "Wildfire":


Dave Loggins "Please Come To Boston":



Lindi Ortega "Cigarettes and Truckstops":



Julianne Hough "My Hallelujah Song":



themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites