Wednesday, October 25, 2017

(Finished May 11th, 2018) The Greatest Songs of All-Time By Genre: Disco

Hello,

I've been thinking about this series of blogs for some time and have been working on a list the last couple of days. My goal is to find and post the Top 100 songs of all-time. However I'm not foolish enough to think that I'll actually count them down. Instead what I'm going to do is find the Top 100ish greatest songs of all-time. To make this easier for me, I'm going to break this down by genre. I have tried to keep only one song per artist, but have found that impossible. I'm breaking this down by Disgenres, Broadway, Country, Pop, Rock, New Wave & Alternative, Standards, Reggae, Rap, Disco, Blues & Soul. I'll admit some of these genres are going to blend into each other- so I'm acknowledging that up front.

As I've been working on this blog and thinking about trying to only get 100ish greatest songs of all-time I've come to the conclusion that finding only 100 greatest songs of all-time is impossible. But I also don't want this to turn into a several hundred songs blog series.

Bee Gees "Stayin' Alive":


Bee Gees "Tragedy":


Earth, Wind and Fire "September":


Hot Chocolate "You Sexy Thing (I Believe In Miracles)":


Gloria Gaynor "I Will Survive":



Sister Sledge "We Are Family":



Barry Manilow "Copacabana":


The Hues Corporation "Rock The Boat":


Labelle "Lady Marmalade":


Carl Douglas "Kung Fu Fighting":


Blondie "Heart Of Glass":


Lipps Inc. "Funky Town":



Donna Summer "Hot Stuff":


This is the really long version of this song, which seems appropriate as Disco and the times it dominated seemed to be about excess. "MacArthur Park":



Donna Summer "Dim All The Lights":



S.O.S. Band "Take Your Time (Do It Right):



The Four Seasons "December, 1963 (Oh What A Night)":



The Village People "Macho Man":



Chic "Le Freak":




themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites