Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Twitter inspired blogs, Halle Berry



Hello,
I have decided I am no longer going to have long blogs two or three times a week. Instead I have been inspired by Twitter, in that there will be more but shorter blogs. Here is the first Twitter inspired blog.

Of course the above picture is of the oh my goodness, she is hot Halle Berry. She is one of the few women, like my wife, who keeps on getting better looking as they age. Amazing. I think maybe she should change her name to Wowee Berry. (Thanks to Esquire for the fantastic picture.)

Some quick upcoming album news first. rollingstone.com has a brief description of 10 songs from U2's upcoming CD, "No Line On The Horizon". Also Kelly Clarkson's new CD will probably be titled "Masquerade", it should be out March 17th. This one is suppose to be closer in sound to "Breakaway" rather than "My December". Either way is fine with me as I liked both CD's. Also Prince plans on releasing 3 CD's in 2009. He is saying they will be "dirty but not nasty". I think that means he will be bringing the funk. I am not sure if there are that many Prince fans left. His best days are behind him obviously. His two best CDs are "Purple Rain" and "1999", he hasn't approached that level for several years now. (Thanks to rollingstone.com for all three tidbits of information. I also realized rs.com is someone else's website. If you want to get to the Rolling Stone magazine website, you need to type in rollingstone.com. Or do as I do, bookmark it.)

Short tidbits: song I am officially sick of "Ur So Gay" by Katy Perry. I still like Katy Perry but that song has got to go away. Also almost any hip-hop song or song by Coldplay and Oasis. Although "Wonderwall" is a fantastic song. I heard a song coming from somebody's stereo. It was a hip-hop song where the rapper kept on repeating "Volkswagen" and dropping the f bomb. What a stupid song, also not very creative. Video of the Day: "Low"- Kelly Clarkson. A good video but an even better song.

Also is "Good to meet you" the biggest lie ever. How many times have you said it and meant it?

Finally songs rocking my iPod 1) "Rock of Ages"- Def Leppard I am not sure why but this song was really rocking my world last night. It almost felt like I was transported to the 80's, back to the Lep's heyday. That song reminded me why I still love Def Leppard so much after all these years. 2) "Since I've Been Loving You"- Led Zeppelin 3) "The Best Damn Thing"- Avril Lavigne 4) "Don't Bring Me Down"- ELO 5) "The Man Comes Around"- Johnny Cash 6) "Touch Me" (Live)- The Doors 7) "License To Kill"- Gladys Knight 8) "Animal"- Def Leppard 9) "Set It Off"- Audioslave 10) "The Last Beautiful Girl"- Matchbox Twenty 11) "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" (Live)-Nirvana. One of the few good songs from the 90's most overrated band. 12) "Bodies"- Drowning Pool 12) "Piece of Crap"- Neil Young and Crazy Horse 13) "Poundcake"- Van Halen 14) "Higher Ground"- Red Hot Chili Peppers The best Stevie Wonder cover song ever. 15) "Black Sheep"- John Anderson 16) "As Good As I Once Was"- Toby Keith and 17) "Say Hey (I Love You)"- Michael Franti and Spearhead

Seriously I did not think it would be this long. Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites