Friday, January 30, 2009

Jacksonville, Fla Part 2, Megan Corkrey


Hello,

I have a few brief moments to write a quick blog. First here's a picture of the gorgeous Megan Corkrey. She is one of my favorite candidates so far, not only from the Salt Lake City "AI" auditions. Along with being gorgeous, she has a great voice. I am not familiar with the song she sang, "Can't Help Lovin' That Man of Mine". (I did think the recent divorcee chose an ironic song to sing.) I will be getting to my hometown auditions later. It is good to see someone with talent getting some attention in a world where we have to hear anything about Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton.

votefortheworst
.com, working with joesplaceblog.com, has a purported list of the Top 36 on this season's "American Idol". This list is pretty believable, but there are some real clunkers on here. Just from looking at this list quickly I see some glaring weaknesses. How did Kai Kalamma, Von Smith and Tatiana Del Toro make it? Tatiana Del Toro barely made it out of the audition round. (Where's Rose Flack?) But most of the Top 36 I would agree with. go to votefortheworst.com for their complete, projected Top 36.


Looking at the Top 36 I could see 15 to 20 of these contestants winning this competition. If everything breaks their way and they get on a hot streak watch out. Or if they have a strong fan base, that can carry even a marginal talent to the top 2. You know who I am referring to.

Jacksonville Part 2:
3) Dana Moreno: Chaka Kahn's "Through the Fire". Maybe "Through The Grinder" would have been more appropriate. Her singing was so bad, it hurt my ears. Usually only my singing does that:)

4) Kaneswesa Finnie: She is one of these poor deluded kids whose parents are trying to live through them. (Did someone just mention Jeff Archuleta?) It is even worse when the kid has very little talent. She tried to sing the great Anita Baker song "Caught Up In The Rapture". Simon said she was "just terrible". Thankfully she didn't beg and she had the good grace to accept the judge's decision. Kaneswesa you are only 16, you have your whole life in front of you.

5) Julisa Veloz (didn't make the Top 36 according to vftw.com). She is the 19 year old beauty queen. She did a reasonably good job with Whitney's "I Have Nothing". I thought she had a great voice, that is not an easy song to sing.

6) Darren Darnell- Mr. Happy until his friend was cut in the audition round. He then couldn't gather himself together to sing.

7) Naomi Sikes: she compared herself to Mariah Carey? She then killed Minnie Ripperton's "Lovin' You". Yet another deluded singer. I am sorry go out and find a job, you are going to have to be a regular schlub like the rest of us.

8) Jasmine Murray: (according to vftw.com she is rumored to make the Top 36) The Starkville, Mississippi native who sang Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" was pretty darn sensational. Simon says she's "cute and commercial". Although I have heard him say the same thing about other contestants, who didn't make it out of Hollywood. She has all the cool sisters.

Murray and Ann Marie Boskovich are the only contestants to make it to the Top 36 out of the Jacksonville auditions. I will finish the Jacksonville auditions in my next blog.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites