Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jessica Alba, BCS throws up on itself

Hello,

The above picture is of course the lovely Jessica Alba, who is also a new mother. Congrats!

I received an e-mail response to my posting about Melinda Doolittle. I will present it as received.

"Melinda Doolittle's Debut Album Coming Back to You Drops 2/3/2009. It promises to be an eclectic mix of blues, classic R&B and jazz. The first single, “It’s Your Love” is available for purchase on iTunes.You can pre-order the entire album at http://www.melindadoolittle.com/ and some of the proceeds will go to Malaria No More.

Also check out the great videos Melinda has posted for her fans at http://mdoolittlesblog. blogspot.com/.Keep updated about Melinda's career at http://www.melindasbackups.com/ which is a web site owned by Melinda Doolittle. Melinda’s Backups™ is a non-profit supportive association inspired by Melinda and authorized by her to operate this web site on behalf of her fans.

I am one of her backups (fans) and can truly say that not only is Melinda hugely talented but she is also exceptionally kind and gracious."

Obviously it's mostly an ad, but it is nice to see someone reading my blog. Again I welcome all comments and I will reply to them. Also yesterday I had written her new CD comes out on February 5th, I apologize for the incorrect information.


This is the cover photo of Kelly Clarkson's new CD, "All I Ever Wanted". (Previously I had stated the title would be "Masquerade". My apologies.) The lead single is still going to be "My Life Would Suck Without You". You can hear a 30 second snippet of this song at many places. Those sites include amazon.com and mjsbigblog.com. From this 30 second snippet it sounds like the song really rocks. Kelly you are looking good also.

Previously I reported that Apple's iTunes is changing a couple of major things. They are making all their songs DRM free and also changing their pricing structure. From what I have found out, both of these changes will go into effect this spring.

I was visiting one of my favorite websites yesterday, mtvmusic.com. I had been reading about the Top Ten songs on ew.com from 1982. This is a regular ew.com feature that I enjoy very much. The author, Whitney Pastorek, shares the same sort of nostalgia about these songs as I do. Also she is very funny. Anyway one of the songs on that Top Ten list was Rick Springfield's "Don't Talk To Strangers". Pastorek was making reference to the video for that song. So I went to mtvmusic.com to check it out.

While there I checked out some of his other videos and found out he has a new CD. Who knew? The name of the CD is "Venus in Overdrive", this CD came out last summer. This CD has some really good songs. I would definitely urge you to check it out. You can catch a couple of the videos at mtvmusic.com. Some of the good songs from this CD include the title track and also "What's Victoria's Secret?". He has some other newer songs that are really good as well. The best of those songs are "Souls" and "Don't Walk Away". (Also a confession, my first "rock" concert was Rick Springfield on Halloween in the early 8o's. I was much less a music snob then and I thought he was great in concert. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for him since then. BTW my second rock concert was AC/DC on their "For Those About To Rock, We Salute You" tour.)

Video of the day: "Don't Talk To Strangers"- Rick Springfield.

Also after the BCS threw up all over itself with their latest debacle of a National Championship game, President Obama pushed again for a 8 team playoff, I agree with President Obama. The BCS is a greedy way for the big boys to keep the money among themselves. In one of the most ridiculous quotes of all-time I saw some idiot from the BCS claiming credit for giving Utah a chance to show how good of a football team they are. Not only are they greedy, but they are stupid. I so agree with you President Obama, just don't let have the idiots of the BCS have any control over college football anymore.

One of the biggest debacles of the BCS is that very mediocre teams from the Big East and ACC get automatic bids. They played each other in their bowl game, a battle of multiple loss teams. I think like 3 people watched that game. It was a real non-thrilling 20-7 victory for Virginia Tech over Cincinnati. That was the first win in the BCS bowls since 1999 for the ACC, and they get an automatic bid? (BTW Utah has won it's last 8 bowl games including two BCS bowls.)

This is not to take anything away from Florida or Oklahoma, because those are two great teams. I still can''t believe Florida held Oklahoma to 14 points. Oh by the way Florida coach, Urban Meyer, use to be the head coach for the University of Utah. Do you notice a pattern here?

Songs that are rocking my iPod: 1) "Papa Loved Mama" (Live)- Garth Brooks 2) "Just Like Heaven"- The Cure 3) "Sweet Dreams"- Air Supply Embarrassing admission #2 I really like Air Supply. They had a lot of great songs in the 80's and this was one of them. 4) "Back Where You Belong"- .38 Special 5) "Tennessee"- Tim Blane A song that you probably haven't heard of that you need to add to your collection. 6) "Physical"- Olivia Newton-John 7) "Over The Hills and Far Away"- Led Zeppelin 8) "American Idiot"- Green Day 9) "Santa Monica"- Everclear This is one of those songs from a band that never reached this high level ever again. 10) "Buffalo Stance"- Neneh Cherry. A great song from a great 80's CD. Cherry was not much heard from after this CD, she sort of faded into obscurity like Lauryn Hill did a few years later. 11) "Addicted"- Ace Young Yes this is the former "AI" contestant. 12) "Doctor's Appointment"- The May Fire 13)"Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" 14) "Anything Goes"- Guns N' Roses 15) "Driver 8"- R.E.M. This is early and classic R.E.M. 16) "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"- Trace Adkins 17) "The Movie" (Spoken Word)- Jim Morrison 18) "These Boots Are Made For Walkin'"- Nancy Sinatra

That is it for now. I will hopefully be back tomorrow, themusicaddict.

No comments:

Favorites