Monday, February 23, 2009

Keira Knightley and Jennifer Aniston


Hello,

A happy Monday to everyone. I don't know about you but I virtually had no interest in last night's Oscars. The only award I cared about is if Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor for his role as The Joker in "The Dark Knight". As you probably know by now he did. His competition was Josh Brolin in "Milk", Robert Downey Jr. in "Tropic Thunder", Phillip Seymour Hoffman in "Doubt" and Michael Shannon in "Revolutionary Road. Out of these movies the only movies I've seen are "The Dark Knight" and "Tropic Thunder". (Hey just like the Academy members!)

I don't consider myself qualified to make a judgement who actually was the best supporting actor. That being said Ledger was fantastic in his portrayal of the Joker and I'm very glad he won. He probably gained some votes because of his tragic circumstances. Either way he gave a hell of a performance.

Video of the day: They Might Be Giants "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)". A very zany video. Remember to check out mtvmusic.com for almost any video that has ever been shown on MTV or its sister channels. Steve Wozniak is participating in this years "Dancing With The Stars". For those who don't know he was one of the co founders of Apple Computer, the only real computer company. He was the hardware guy and created the Apple 2. If you love your iPod, thank Wozniak and Steve Jobs for starting such a great company.

The funniest line from a song in the last few months is in the song "He Hates Me" by Sarah Johns. It's "We could be honeymooning South of the border, if he'd just drop that restraining order." That's also a great song.

Jon Krakauer, the author of the fantastic "Into Thin Air" and the good "Into The Wild", his new book is finally about to be released. He wrote a book about Pat Tillman which he's been working for a few years. It was set to published last year, but he wasn't satisfied with the manuscript. He withdrew it from publication and continued to work on it. There now is a definitive release date. The book "Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman" will be released on September 22nd. I'm looking forward to this book.

Apparantally Dan Brown's follow up to "The Davinci Code" is finished. It's been 6 years since the release of "The Davinci Code". "The Davinci Code" is a great book. No release date as of yet. Speaking of great books over the last month or so I've been reading Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. I hadn't read Stephen King for a number of years. His books just started getting too similar and too freakin' weird. However I had a hankering for King awhile ago, so I started reading "The Dark Tower" series. I'm really enjoying this series. I've already read the first two books "The Gunslinger" and "The Drawing of The Three". Both were good and now I'm reading the third one "The Waste Lands" and I'm absolutely loving it. It's very hard for me to put down. "The Waste Lands" is King at his best and I'm looking forward to the final four books in the series.

Two more music notes: in support of their new CD, "No Line On The Horizon" U2 will be on Letterman five nights in a row from March 6th to March 10th. That should be pretty cool. Want a free CD? Go to pastemagazine.com and you will see a link on the left side. Click on that and you can download the new CD by the Damnwells, "One Last Century". I have listened to a couple of songs from it so far, it's okay.

A belated Happy 40th Birthday to Jennifer Aniston, she turned 40 on February 11th. She's got a lot going for her, but success in relationships is apparently not one. Now she is allegedly dating John Mayer. Why Jennifer why?



Have a great day, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites