Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bringing the Regis back!, Katherine McPhee (picture included)

Hello,

Today I am little off the beaten path today. Justin Timberlake brought the sexy back and I am bringing the Regis back. Yes that is my final answer! (Picture courtesy of television.aol.com.)

Just some random news bits today. Melinda Doolittle's new CD, "Coming Back To You" was released yesterday. She is one of my favorite all-time "American Idol" contestants. A review will be forthcoming. Other news: the gorgeous Katherine McPhee has signed a record deal with Verve records. She is looking to release her new CD by the end of this year. (Picture courtesy of askmen.com.) For the record I thought her first CD was good. I really like the song, "Dangerous".

Some amazing performances this past week by former "AI" contestants. First of all Jennifer Hudson's singing of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl was awesome. It is good to see her recovering from the recent horrifying events in her life. Then there was the equally amazing performance by Fantasia singing "Lady Marmalade" at an event honoring Patti Labelle. Hearing those two ladies singing those songs with so much power is why I love music so much. That is what it is all about.

Taylor Swift has announced she is going on tour, she will be the headliner. Kellie Pickler will be the opening act on all shows. I think Taylor Swift and Sugarland are the best things going in country music right now. Sugarland's performance with Bon Jovi on their song "You Can't Go Home" is breathtaking. Jennifer Nettles singing on that is amazing. She also shines on the heartbreaking "Stay".

Finally this last Sunday was the Super Bowl. This is the first Super Bowl I did not watch since I can't remember when. I was just not interested in the match up. I don't hate either team, but neither team excites me either. Arizona previously had no tradition, other than their tradition of fielding pathetic teams. Instead of watching the Super Bowl, we had family night. That was much more fun!

I will be back tomorrow back to the "AI" beat. Have a great day!

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites