Saturday, February 14, 2009

Hollywood Week Episode 4 2/11/09 (Part 2)

Hello,

Tonight's episode is where we find out the Top 36 of this season's "American Idol". That is if you don't already know it from votefortheworst.com. The Top 36 list that was leaked to votefortheworst.com was 100% correct. Going into this past Wednesday's episode there were 54 contestant remaining and 49 of them were featured in that episode. Here's my question: why is Tatiana Del Torture featured so much. I am all for comic relief and entertainment, but she is neither. She will be one of 12 contestants on Tuesday's episode, the real singing finally begins. I highly doubt she will survive this round.

The format for the next three weeks is a dozen contestants will sing. America will then vote. One man, one woman and the next highest vote getter of either gender will advance. There will be three weeks using that format and then the judges will have 3 wildcard selections. That will make up season's 8's final 12.

Tuesday's episode will have the following men: Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai, Stephen Fowler, Brent Keith, Ricky Braddy and Matt Breitzke. Originally Michael Sarver was suppose to be the 6th man in that group, but yesterday it was announced that Matt Breitzke would take his place. Sarver will perform on one of the next two week's singing episode. Out of this group I like Danny Gokey, Anoop Desai, Stephen Fowler and Matt Breitzke the best. Braddy has hardly been shown this whole season, he is probably also cannon fodder. Keith had already competed in "Nashville Star".

The women who will be singing in Tuesday's episode will be the gorgeous Casey Carlson, the overhyped Jackie Tohn, the emerging Anne Marie Boskovich, the very soulful Alexis Grace, 16 year old Stevie Wright and the annoying as hell Tatiana Del Torture. (No pictures on this blog of Del Torture.)

Also if you haven't heard yet we saw Joanna Pacitti advance to the Top 36, then after the show it was announced Felicia Barton would be taking her place. (For those of you who are Joanna Pacitti fans, her pre "AI" CD is available at last.fm for free. Not all songs are the full versions, but most are. I downloaded and I enjoy it. She is very attractive and has a great voice. I have a feeling we will be hearing from her again.) Apparently Barton got the call while watching Wednesday night's episode of "AI" that she was had advanced to the Top 36. In her audition round she sang a very good version of "Put Your Records On". At least I am guessing it was good as "AI" only showed her clip for 7 seconds. Obviously not much to go on.

Anoop Desai: (36) Kara calls him "soulful" and I really like him. I think he's an early favorite to win the whole thing. Von Smith (36) He was more prepared to hear "no" than "yes" for good reason in my opinion. Smith is the oversing king, although lately he is learning to sing, instead of scream. I still don't like him and think he will get eliminated in his round of 36.

There was then a singoff between Cody Sheldon (No to 36)and Alex Wagner-Trugman (36) sings “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down”. Wagner-Trugman wins the singoff. I didn't think Sheldon's performance was very good. Adam Lambert (36) he is another oversing king. He came out of the disappointing San Francisco auditions. Taylor Vaifanua (36) A great singer out of the Salt Lake City auditions. She might be a dark horse contender. From what I saw she was great in Hollywood.

We are then given too little screen time of the talented Mississippi native Jasmine Murray, the adopt a grandfriend Arianna Afsar, the calender girl Casey Carlson, my personal favorite Megan Corkrey, the very talented Mishavonna Henson, and 16 year old Stevie Wright. Of this group I think Jasmine Murray, Megan Corkrey and Mishavonna Henson have the best chance of advancing to the Top 12. I think Stevie Wright is cannon fodder. I would urge her to mature a bit and try again in a couple of years. I think the youngest someone should be allowed to compete is 18 years old.

Joanna Pacitti (36, then not in the 36, she apparently a little too close to a couple of 19 Entertainment executives) TK Hash, Chris Chatman and Reggi Beasley are all no to 36. Although I liked what I saw of Reggi Beasley's singing. Kendall Beard (36) appeared to be about to hyperventilate. Next we had a singoff between Jenn Korbee who sings “I’m Not Ready to Make Nice”. I thought her singing of that song was atrocious. That is a great song. Korbee loses the singoff although I wasn't really impressed with Kristen McNamara's “I Will Always Love You” either. She wins the singoff and a spot in the Top 36.

I will be back tomorrow with my Top 36, sort of. You will understand tomorrow what I am saying. I will give you a hint of my #1 favorite, she's gorgeous and she came from the Salt Lake City auditions. Oh yeah and she can sing pretty well, not that we have seen or heard enough of her yet.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites