Monday, February 9, 2009

Whitney Houston, comeback?



Whitney Houston and Clive Davis. It is about time for Clive Davis to go away. From his constant pimping of himself to him picking terrible songs for contestants on "AI" to sing his time is done.

Hello,

There was a lot of love in the blogosphere yesterday about the Whitney Houston alleged comeback performance at Clive Davis' Pre-Grammy party Saturday night. I excitedly waited for the footage yesterday. It finally became available yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately the 10 minute clip on youtube.com was terrible. She still looks great and her voice sounds good. However the arrangements on the songs were terrible. It is almost like they are hiding something. I wish she would have sang a song in the normal arrangement on at least one song. I have not included this link in my blog because those terrible arrangements made her performance so unwatchable.

Whitney is 45 and she still is great. She is one of my favorite musicians. I am listening to a series of her greatest hits on iTunes now. What a voice and the selection of songs she chose to sing was pretty good as well. There are rumors she will be releasing a new CD this year, but so far there is no confirmed release date. themusicaddict of course will keep you informed.

Here are some classic live performances from the past.


Whitney Houston "One Moment In Time" (Live)


Whitney Houston "I Have Nothing" (Live)


Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"


Whitney Houston "I Will Always Love You" (Short Version)


themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites